- A total of eight incidents of armed robbery against ships—comprising six actual incidents and two attempted incidents—were reported in Asia in May 2018
- Compared to April 2018, the number of incidents reported in May 2018 has remained fairly consistent
- Of the eight incidents reported in May 2018, two incidents occurred on board ships while underway and six incidents on board ship at anchor
- Of the six actual incidents reported in May 2018, one was a CAT 2 incident, one was a CAT 3 incident and four were CAT 4 incidents
- There was no CAT 1 incident and majority of the incidents were CAT 4 (petty theft cases)
- No piracy incident was reported
- There was also no report of abduction of crew in the Sulu-Celebes Seas and no hijacking of ships for theft of oil cargo
For more information, please refer to the ReCAAP ISC May 2018 Report available on the ReCAAP ISC website.