TC closing offices sux!

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

TC closing offices sux!

Post by The Dieselduck »

I recently had to get a endorsement from Transport Canada; thinking it was a very straight forward event, turns out to be quite a ordeal.

A while back, Transport Canada closed numerous examination centers in BC; I thought it was a bad idea then, leaving clients out in the cold, and when I needed, unfortunately, proved how dysfunctional it actually was.

I wrote about my experience on my blog, and welcome your input... http://www.dieselduck.info/blog/2016/06 ... -and-cash/
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: TC closing offices sux!

Post by JollyJack »

Thank you Mr Harper. Or perhaps the rot goes back as far as a shipowning Prime Minister, to whom "different rules apply", according to my Liberal MP
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

TC...
No inspections but don't forget the approved drawings submitted to them.
I am just as glad not to be dealing with TC anymore as every office, every region, every surveyor is different. In fact, if I look, my CE ticket is probably expired.

This has been going on for several years. about 5 years ago, I was doing the 5 year budget plan and going through the ships SIRS. I noticed an error on the scheduled inspections and the board decisions and called the surveyor on record to find out what to do about it and get it fixed. I got to talk to the office admin quite a bit, never did get an answer from him. Eventually got a call back from some guy that must have been caught at his desk unaware.
JK
Enduring Contributor

Post by JK »

Now I can't even email them now, the messages being rejected by the TC web server.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

aw you can always e-mail me JK. :)
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
JK
Enduring Contributor

Post by JK »

No l can't. Something with the email server. I keep getting rejection notices. Shared services is not shared.