Oceanex Group Company

In this area, you can comment on employers, trends, jobs, rumors affecting the jobs and job prospect of Marine Engineers.
waqas3075
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: Canada

Oceanex Group Company

Post by waqas3075 »

Hello All,

I am posting to get some information about the company Oceanex group. Any information about the company and how much overtime they give ? What is the take home wages of 4th engineer there? Company environment and everything?

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,

Waqas khan
uolli
Bilge Dweller

Re: Oceanex Group Company

Post by uolli »

Good morning Everyone!
I want to re-ask the Dieselduck community about Oceanex.
Can you please share information about Oceanex's working environment, company position in the Canadian transportation market, and so on?
All details are welcome.
Thank you all in advance.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

Its a steady run, done for by Oceanex for many years. They have have several vessel, newish, and a older one. About ten years ago, i was impressed by the equipment and support when I went onboard touring. Ive never heard anything negative, or many comments at all except for my own, positive observations.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
ChiefOfTheWashroom
First Time Poster

Post by ChiefOfTheWashroom »

Greetings, I am also interested in some information regarding this companies fleet.

I see they have postings for engineers and junior engineers, and none for Engine room assistance?

Does this company use non licence junior engineers for day work as engine room rating? Also what's the pay and schedule like? Is it similar to what's offered in the Great Lakes $400-470/day?

Thanks for the help
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

I don't know the answer to your question Chief, but most Canadian companies have been been pretty successful at crewing to the minimum manning, which is usually holders of CoC. You would think that keeping ratings would be a great place to start a career, and ascertain individuals of value to the company, but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore, and perhaps the reason with the overall shortage of engineers.

I believe Oceanex does have ratings in the engine room, but bare minimum, preferring to hire outside contractors for special projects.That's been my experience in that market.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net