Class 4 motor exam

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
waqas3075
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: Canada

Class 4 motor exam

Post by waqas3075 »

Hello All,
My name is waqas khan and i am applying for my Clas 4 from Toronto. I have to give 2 papers Genenral engineering knowlege and Motor. Can anyone please tell me from where i can find any sample questions or any question bank to prepare these papers. I have read almost all the topics on this site. So anyone can share any questions or question bank so i can prepare for my exam.
Thank you very much in advance .
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: Class 4 motor exam

Post by JollyJack »

Since November, 2017, things have changed. To get a 4th class now, you need a bit more than just EKG and EKM. This is an extract from ship safety bulletin 09/2017, laying out the requirements for 4M.

4. To obtain a Fourth-Class Engineer, motor ship or steamship CoC (STCW), a person must:

4.1 Meet all the requirements of section 147 of the Marine Personnel Regulations;
4.2 Pass examinations on the following subjects:
Applied mathematics;
Applied mechanics;
Thermodynamics;
Electro-technology; and
Naval architecture.
4.3 Provide a training certificate in “Leadership and Teamwork Skill” including engine room resource management training; and
4.4 Take an oral examination in the following subject: “Maritime Law and Ship’s Business”.

The oral examination from item 4.4 will be included in the subjects covered in the oral examination set out in section 147 of the MPR, and the knowledge assessed in above items 4.2 and 4.4 will be subject to guidelines as per a preparatory document provided by the Transport Canada Examination Centres to candidates prior to the oral examination. Graduates from a training program approved under TP 8911 at the operational level are exempted from the examinations in 4.2.

The full SSB is here; http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/marinesafety/bu ... 09-eng.htm
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
waqas3075
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: Canada

Post by waqas3075 »

Hello
Thank for your reply. Yes i have done both courses leadership and teamwork and PPS level 1. I just wanted some study material. I have read candy motor but just wanted to read some question bank for exam.so thats why i am wondering if anyone have any question bank or sample question for exam point of view.
Thank you very much in advance.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Post by JollyJack »

This is TP 14511, specimen questions for 4th Class. http://www.tc.gc.ca/media/documents/mar ... 14511e.pdf
Discourage incest, ban country "music".