4th class Maritime Law and Ships Business

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
Dave
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: pei

4th class Maritime Law and Ships Business

Post by Dave »

Hello everyone, i am just looking for some insight on getting ready for this exam. I have written the other exams and this is the last one to receive my 4th class coc. It seems like a crazy amount of memorization. Any help would be great.
JollyJack
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: Eastern Canada

Re: 4th class Maritime Law and Ships Business

Post by JollyJack »

This is part of the Oral exam. (see TP2293) You should be aware of IMO Conventions as they apply to shipping (SOLAS, MARPOL etc) and Canadian regulations as applied to health and safety, personnel regs, COLREGS etc. Be VERY aware of the 3 rights under the MOSH Regulations. That's a given on Orals, ie it's sure to turn up. The Examiner can ask you anything relevant to Marine Engineering in Orals, he/she will be authorizing you to take charge of a watch and be responsible, not only for the machinery, but the people who work for you. The Examiner MUST be sure of your ability.
Discourage incest, ban country "music".
pradeep
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Vancouver

Re: 4th class Maritime Law and Ships Business

Post by pradeep »

Hello Dave, I am also looking for some study material for my oral exam. I am doing a direct entry, converting my NZ COC to TC one. Last time I appeared for any exam was in ten years back. It would me great help if someone can guide me. Any help would me appreciated. Thank you.