Assessment of Indian COC

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
bamrox
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Canada

Assessment of Indian COC

Post by bamrox »

Hello Guys,
I have applied for assessment of my Indian Class 2 and Class 4 MEO COC to TC,
and to my surprise, they have evaluated only Class 4 and did not give me any exemption for Class2 exams. :cry:
And for Class 4 also I have to appear for EKG and Motor General written exams plus Maritime Law oral exam.
They have told me to do MAFA and MED Basic courses again, which I have already done via STCW approved college outside Canada, and are still valid and not expired. They have accepted my other courses but not these.
And as per my understanding, Indian COC holders need to appear for only one oral without any written exam.
So kindly advice what should I do next, should I contact them and ask for re-evaluation as clearly there is some misunderstanding. :? :?
Jameseze24
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: UAE

Re: Assessment of Indian COC

Post by Jameseze24 »

I am not from India, but it's recommended to visit Indian DG shipping for proper guidance. Then contact them if they are working. I believe the Covid-19 closed all offices.
Marine Engineer and editor at Marine and offshore insight.
https://marineandoffshoreinsight.com/
Raghu
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Vancouver

Post by Raghu »

Hello bamrox
I have done the same, but I have been asked to do MAFA, LMS and PPS level 2 for the oral exam.
Where are you living now? Ping me if you want to talk over phone.
[email protected]
I’ll give you my number.
bamrox
Bilge Dweller

Post by bamrox »

Raghu wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 4:14 pm Hello bamrox
I have done the same, but I have been asked to do MAFA, LMS and PPS level 2 for the oral exam.
Where are you living now? Ping me if you want to talk over phone.
[email protected]
I’ll give you my number.
PM'ed you.
bamrox
Bilge Dweller

Post by bamrox »

Jameseze24 wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 2:44 am I am not from India, but it's recommended to visit Indian DG shipping for proper guidance. Then contact them if they are working. I believe the Covid-19 closed all offices.
Do you happen to have any updates as to when the marine institutes will open in Canada for doing stcw courses?
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Post by The Dieselduck »

Not sure if this helps, but on Vancouver Island, Western Maritime is about to restart in classroom learning, including MEDs, and they have made considerable changes to their facilities and procedures to accommodate new COVID19 protocol. They are near the airport in Nanaimo (YCD), and have onsite lodging.
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net
Aarora
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: India

Post by Aarora »

hey fellas,
anyone appeard for PPS-2 recently ..? or looking for attending the same in near future..?please dm
prashanth.sistla
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Surrey, BC

Post by prashanth.sistla »

Hi bamrox, I would like to know how long it took for you to receive the assessment report? I have submitted my file in January and still awaiting their response.