Onboard Training Record Book

Going through the licensing process ? Have queries, comments, or do you need an answer to that obscure exam question ? This is the place to post.
Geejaay
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Scarborough, Ontario

Onboard Training Record Book

Post by Geejaay »

Hi guys👋

My first time on here and looking for some guidance.

I'm a Marine Engineer from Nigeria now living in Canada. I've recently completed my 4th class CoC unlimited exam through Transport Canada Marine Safety but I was restricted to 6months CoC on contiguous waters.
I was asked to go onboard in order to get the Onboard Training Record Book (TRB) signed by a 2nd Engineer or Chief Engineer of any vessel in order to be issued the unlimited CoC for which I have completed all the exams. I've applied for several job positions but yet to hear back.

I would really like for the TRB to be signed. Is there any advice/help and suggestions on how I can get this done? This will enable me to kick-start my seafarering journey/career here in Canada. Thank you.
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Onboard Training Record Book

Post by JK »

TBH, I'm not paying any attention to certification here in Canada so I can't help you with the signing off of the book, but it struck me that I could direct you to job searches in the government that may help you.

https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... er=1396436
Geejaay
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Scarborough, Ontario

Re: Onboard Training Record Book

Post by Geejaay »

Hi, thank you for your reply, I applied to the job you sent to me and I was told that the job is for Canadian Citizen only, that once I become a Canadian citizen I should re-apply.