Seperator Problem

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Seperator Problem

Post by JK »

I had a problem separator like this on one of my ships. I ended up bring in a FSR to get it going and see what was wrong. ( oh the horrors! But when you start adding up the kit costs every time it came apart...).
The ship was transferred right after I purchased a new purifier. LOL. I think they installed it on one of their ships instead of mine. Opportunity knocked and an even worse one was replaced.
Mikmik2328
First Time Poster
Currently located: Taguig

Post by Mikmik2328 »

hi, alestevardiya just a small and quick suggestion base on my experience..kindly check your air solenoid valve( changing over v/v from feed to re-circulation) if its working properly or not,
Mostafa bassam
First Time Poster
Currently located: Egypt

Post by Mostafa bassam »

We have alfa laval p 605 I wonder why the motor rpm in manual is different from the actual.. I see in the manual the rpm of the motor 3000 but actually in the plate of motor 2870 :shock:
JANGA
First Time Poster
Currently located: panama

Post by JANGA »

i am facing a problem with alfa laval p605 purifier, after major overhauling we started the purifier and suddenly pt 4 low alarm comes and large amount of lub oil going to sludge tank .please help about this
jannoraymata
First Time Poster
Currently located: brazil

Post by jannoraymata »

hello janga,

About this kind of problem PT 4 low alarm and large amount of oil or fuel going to sludge tank. please check your water solenoid valve, check water flow, if this are ok. then proceed to the next step. dismantle bowl check all o-rings if still ok. then the last one is not in the manual alarms or fault finding in the book. please take a look for manual (frame top part) ( purifier casing) you can see the (screen) that has to have a good gasket on it and water container. please open SV15 manually and cover the water container attached to shaft in the middle.( NOTE: water coming from the water container is normal) then if you see water leaking from side of the screen then problem solve, ( change gasket ). SCREEN AND WATER CONTAINER are the parts that open and close the bowl during normal operation, hopefully this must be your problem ( broken gasket )...
popeye62
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Post by popeye62 »

Janga, is the oil carrying over and passing through the water outlet (221) to the sludge tank or through the bowl seal and down the sludge chute? When does the low back pressure alarm occur? Does the low BP alarm clear at all? At what point precisely in the sequence does the low pressure alarm 'suddenly' occur? The obvious big red flag here is 'after a major overhaul'. What do you mean by major overhaul? Was the overhaul based on hours or was there a problem? We do need a more comprehensive report of the problem you are facing to be better placed to help you out.