Alfa Laval S separator issue

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
kingsolomon
First Time Poster
Currently located: San Francisco

Alfa Laval S separator issue

Post by kingsolomon »

Dear sir,
I'm working as an 4th engineer.
We've Alfa Laval separator TYPE-S 967 for Heavy fuel oil on our ship.
Recently we had an issue with our separator. There are number of alarms in EPC-60 like pt4 low, discharge feedback error, oil leaking from bowl etc almost instantaneously.
As all these problems are connected to operating water, on searching the cause I found heavy oil in operating water hose till SV10 solenoid valve but it didn't enter the water block as SV10 is NRValve.
I don't have any idea from where oil is coming to operating water hose
Requesting you to please help me in this regard, I'll be grateful to you.

Thanks and regards
zodiac
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Polska

Re: Alfa Laval S separator issue

Post by zodiac »

Most probably you have flexible hose connected from solenoids to inlet of purifier for displacement water. Once solenoid is energized its giving displacement water to the purifier (initial stage after discharge) when finished, solenoid valves is closing and purifier is pumping oil back to the hose (there is non-return valve) but it may leak and its pumping oil to fresh water block.
uolli
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Canada

Post by uolli »

On the top of the purifier, where is displacement water hose is connected, should be non-return valve.
If you have no NR valve better to install it (see spare parts book for purifier).
Attachments
S.pdf
(26.84 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
vkouroub
Bilge Dweller

Post by vkouroub »

Check if SV10 valve is opening properly. Maybe the coil is burned or the piston is stuck thus no displacement water is entering the bowl.