GEA Westfalia OSD6 LOpurifier problem

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
rahulgauravkumar4e
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Singapore

GEA Westfalia OSD6 LOpurifier problem

Post by rahulgauravkumar4e »

Helo,
I am working as 4e and have GEA Westfalia OSD 06 purifier onboard my ship.
When I took over the purifer, it was under maintenance, pivot bearing damaged due to axial vibration.
Never got the info regarding the cause of this.
After I received the spare and reassembled and test run, the purifier was overflowing through water discharge port.
Tried replacing gravity discs, and reassemble plenty but still the same situation.
Then at last I monitored the solenoid valves for different types of water supply to the purifier.
I found the same solenoid valve is opening during displacement water time but not during filling water time.

Tried to check timer settings( settings same with sister vessel LO purifier), checked on electrical wire connection loose but also okay.

After putting on start procedure , after the bowl desludging procedure is finished , if i open the filling water solenoid manually for 4 to 5 sec there is no overflow.
What I concluded, bowl desludging procedure setting are working fine but not the starting procedure settings.

Please help me how to make solenoid work during filling time.

Now I am running purifier and every hour do manual desludging and starting , manually opening the filling water
SanMarino
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Indian Ocean

Re: GEA Westfalia OSD6 LOpurifier problem

Post by SanMarino »

Hello, have you tried to check the sequence diagram in the manual? If when and how long should this valve normally activates. It should give some alarm if this filling of water did not happen during starting because it did not complete the process.