Supplier for Water Tight Doors (blast from the past)

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
TDC
Deck Plate Wanderer
Currently located: St. Johns, NL

Supplier for Water Tight Doors (blast from the past)

Post by TDC »

Good Day ,
I recently came across a bit of a challenging one and figured some of you based on the west coast may have some insight.
I am looking for a spare parts supplier/ spare parts manual / any other information available for a vessel that was Built in 1984 at RIVTOW industries. There is a set of hydraulic watertight doors that were supplied by Inlet metal & Machining Co. LTD. It seems any contact information i have on this is no longer valid. Just wondering if anyone can advise on

- Were they takenover by another company?
- Is there a contact that would have information from those days on RIVTOW builds?
- Any existing vessel still in operation that have doors that were supplied from the same place?
Any info helps
Thanks
TDC
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: Supplier for Water Tight Doors (blast from the past)

Post by JK »

When I ran into that problem with watertight door hydraulics, I had to get Hawboldts in to engineer and supply a complete replacement. Hope you do better.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: Supplier for Water Tight Doors (blast from the past)

Post by Merlyn »

I am not from the West Coast but what parts are you seeking?
Mechanical parts/ram seal kits or ?
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.