Atlas copco mas ga 37 compressor

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
pradeep6096
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: india

Atlas copco mas ga 37 compressor

Post by pradeep6096 »

Hello..I have onboard this compressor and is tripping on high temp...I tried renewing oil filter, air filter, seperator element, even bypass lo thermostat...still no help..it only runs by keeping extra blower after opening compartment...any ideas will be appreciated..
Attachments
IMG_20210515_092353.jpg
IMG_20210515_092358.jpg
Atlantic
Leak Patrol

Re: Atlas copco mas ga 37 compressor

Post by Atlantic »

Did you clean the cooler. Check the running hours too? is it constantly running or shutting down after unloading you can check the settings. What’s the ambient temperature in the space. Check the manual for fault racing? Check belts and if the fan is running ok.
pradeep6096
Tanktop Cleaner
Currently located: india

Post by pradeep6096 »

Yup...did usual routine..it's running normal and stopping after pressure is reached...have no belt in this compressor...ambient temperature is 40+..so I think this might be the problem..after changing lube oil and keeping the panels open..it's not triiping but temp is still nearby 110..
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

If I remember correctly, I bought a set of these type compressors for a ship and end up replacing them within a couple of years because of the hassles with them.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Post by popeye62 »

Pradeep, you have done all you can. I have had the same issue with AC, Tamrotor and Ingersoll Rand screw compressors. I have taken them to bits to find out why they run so hot with no answer. I still had to run them with the door open. If you want the door closed you have to run some ducting from the outlet of the ER supply fan. Just ensure the coolant flow through the screws and the separator is not over-filling with oil (and the scavenge line on top of the separator element) and you have the best vol. efficiency i.e no air leaks and unloader working properly.
Not a huge fan of axial screw compressors on ships, having said that, if you can keep them running on load there is very little to go wrong and they are reliable with less maintenance than a reciprocating comp. Good luck and I hope the ambient temp drops for you.