New engine

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Feliks
Superintendent
Currently located: Kraków,Polska

Re: New engine

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:53 pm Andrew,
I think you would be better off perfecting the diesel driven deck cloth than all this ice idea.
After all it only melts at the end of the day whether it be AC or DC single or three phase.
Well, here are photos of my "spells" with larger peltiers from the time when I was still beautiful and young :lol:

Andrew :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Image But here is this cold water motor ..

As befits a decent Physical Mechanism made of 10mm thick copper plates .. In the first version it weighed 14 kg and was all made of copper .. Even there was more than one ..

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Another third ilm, which will show that with COLD we can receive electric current with low efficiency .. I can determine it by the speed of the received current after cooling one side of the peltier module plate .. We get the current very quickly, despite the fact that heat is not a very fast transmitter yours.
This time we take a cold spray with the medical ICEMIX peltier available in every pharmacy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXeVCjllgB8

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well, ake here, God was not nice to Muslims .. But for me, yes, because he colored the gas yellow, which is heavier than air, and see how it behaves. CO2 behaves in the same way, despite explaining "pseudo-philosophers, that it is a greenhouse gas after all .. Thank God I didn't have to wait long for such a film .. and you can see in yellow what this "philosophy of scientists" is .. A simple deception. :lol:

https://youtu.be/a-z5Vbs9smI?t=4

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Feliks wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:34 pm Could someone haul me an iceberg in the ocean to the shore for me to convert it to electricity? After all, it has melted uselessly so far ... 8)

Do you know how much fresh water would be by the way ? :lol:

Well, what if, apart from water, you could get electricity that could also be used to power the tugs? And if there was a lot of it, you can also make gas from it .. But you would have to stop playing hide and seek and enter the appropriate name in the Encyclopedia .. Well, unless you still want to pretend to be smarter...

https://www.bbc.com/future/article/2018 ... -to-africa

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Post by Merlyn »

Well from where I am sitting and giving this latest project serious thought my contribution would be to have only one cube of ice in the old G&T instead of the normal two.
So if Andrew could get up a petition to encourage others to follow suit perhaps on a health and safety basis a Titanic repeat may well be averted, well that depends on how many converts he can convert to the cause.
And furthermore thought should be given to how you are going to tow it?
Drill and tap it and eye bolt it?
Or strop it all round?
Just image during the night both tug engines shut down automatically ( low lubeoil pressure/high coolant temp. situation) with no manual override available being overrun and sunk by your own block of ice V ship being steamed into it scenario.
Certainly different and who knows you could go down in history as being the first man to be sunk by his own ice cube,
But not to worry on that score Andrew because I have averted that situation for you insomuch as by approaching Martin with that shove along machine he is on perhaps a new compass course ought to be plotted and we can all sleep soundly in our beds safe and secure in the knowledge that shove along machines prevail over drag along pieces of string jobbies.
Be kind enough to inform me as to when the scheme is on standby as I do need to know when the drop down is to commence.
ie,
Down from two to one.
But back to what this site is all about on a more interesting note,
What’s the prop. pitch| diameter difference between identical hulls and SHP generated of a drag along versus a shover.
No cheating here, both fixed or both variables pitches.
Any ideas anyone?
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:56 am Well from where I am sitting and giving this latest project serious thought my contribution would be to have only one cube of ice in the old G&T instead of the normal two.
So if Andrew could get up a petition to encourage others to follow suit perhaps on a health and safety basis a Titanic repeat may well be averted, well that depends on how many converts he can convert to the cause.
And furthermore thought should be given to how you are going to tow it?
Drill and tap it and eye bolt it?
Or strop it all round?
Just image during the night both tug engines shut down automatically ( low lubeoil pressure/high coolant temp. situation) with no manual override available being overrun and sunk by your own block of ice V ship being steamed into it scenario.
Certainly different and who knows you could go down in history as being the first man to be sunk by his own ice cube,
But not to worry on that score Andrew because I have averted that situation for you insomuch as by approaching Martin with that shove along machine he is on perhaps a new compass course ought to be plotted and we can all sleep soundly in our beds safe and secure in the knowledge that shove along machines prevail over drag along pieces of string jobbies.
Be kind enough to inform me as to when the scheme is on standby as I do need to know when the drop down is to commence.
ie,
Down from two to one.
But back to what this site is all about on a more interesting note,
What’s the prop. pitch| diameter difference between identical hulls and SHP generated of a drag along versus a shover.
No cheating here, both fixed or both variables pitches.
Any ideas anyone?
Well Merlyn, as you can read in the BBC article, they were already thinking about the methods of this towing .. I only add that these tugboats can be powered by electricity, which will slightly reduce the costs of obtaining this fresh water .. And when it will be closer to the shore, it is also a mosaic to provide electricity to the earth in addition to this water .. Well, of course, the technology has been devised, but probably some time to be implemented .. and new ideas may be in the meantime, it may be enough to wait for winter to have some ice and snow on land ..
Also ships such as Icebreakers can be powered by ice, what will slip on their deck .. Anyway, the case is developmental ..
I am, however, taking part in such a competition again, with this one of my New4stroke, there are new drawings and links .. And of course you can vote for me .. I like the idea, however, its evaluation is also not an easy matter, because all, these 6 months of lectures should be had .. Because you cannot achieve the results I mentioned only after watching the animation .. Because, for example, you can have an easy way of changing the degree of compression, but no one will notice on the animation. . Only when he starts working on it seriously, then he can notice it .. Well, a few more things like that and that's what I say .. So for now only this new link to this contest .. where there are also some links ..
And with this ice, I didn't make it up either, because of putting various elements and substances on the peltier .. :lol: I just knew it, because with this engine of mine there is also some explanation of its parameters. new, I had to think about .. And it fell onto the ice... :D
https://contest.techbriefs.com/2022/ent ... oke-engine

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Well Andrew that two piece device of yours with two halves bolted together looks like a small LP heat exchanger with two in and two out.
Whats the wiring for exactly?
What exactly does it do?
How does it function?
Whats inside the two halves?
Some sort of radiator/tube stack device?
Split it and lets all have a looksee.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:55 am Well Andrew that two piece device of yours with two halves bolted together looks like a small LP heat exchanger with two in and two out.
Whats the wiring for exactly?
What exactly does it do?
How does it function?
Whats inside the two halves?
Some sort of radiator/tube stack device?
Split it and lets all have a looksee.
Ok Merlyn, a little more ..
The peltier thing started in 1995, when I found out about them and when I was buying other electronics in my store, I asked the dealer if there was such an item (I forgot what it was called) and I defined it as I will switch to electricity, it will give me cold ...
The seller looked at me with strange eyes and said, Lord, as I've been taught so far, when electricity flows, it only gives heat ... "
So I cringed and left .. Of course then I managed to buy this peltier in a different place .. But since then I have been fascinated by such an arrangement ... I was supposed to use them was my idea and there was no literature about them available, even on the producers' websites there was very little news that would interest me .. Well, such COP and others .. so I had to deal with myself somehow .. Being very careful by nature human and not wanting to destroy the elements, I figured out what you can see in the picture, because I was afraid that the thermal phenomena could be violent with more elements .. That's why I made this device from the best heat-conducting copper .. in total, this device in the picture weighs 14 KG (28 pounds) I personally soldered these tanks to the plate and made 2 pieces of the device to have a larger field for various possible confections iguracji .. Of course, this is what you noticed, i.e. a heat exchanger, with peltier elements between the thick plates, so that they fit snugly and there is good heat transfer .. between all parts .. In total, I did a lot of experiments, but in one of them, a combination of the heat exchangers were a plastic hose with a diameter of 20 mm and when the hot water passed through them, the hose itself collapsed due to softness and lost flow. The colleague who was supposed to observe the correctness of the experiment did not notice it for 30 minutes, and one of these peltier exchangers broke because the temperature rose excessively .. But I already gained a lot of information and data at that time, which was basically enough for the next larger prototype .. And most importantly, I found out that the phenomena are not violent, and it is enough to make the exchangers from aluminum, which was advantageous because of the different price .. And they will be safe. to do a demo and website about my new4stroke. also started production of my dimmers for the lights of my project .. more about it on my website about them ..
https://www.felixconsultings.com
Having already had some experience with these peltiers, I had an idea to see if sometimes their properties are also opposite, that is keeping electricity from heat. And it turned out that it was, with very low temperature differences between the two halves of the exchanger.
then I did a little experiment with one peltier and an aluminum heatsink for demonstration, because 14Kg of copper was not very handy .. and it is in the movies ..
This cabling is the connections between peltiers, which can also have several variants.
Generally, this device pumps heat by means of an electric current, or it receives electricity by means of heat.
It took 6 years before I came up with the idea, after my thoughts on the laws of thermodynamics, to put ... an ice cube on this model .. Well, I discovered that with COLD you can also produce this system, an electric current ..
What does it matter, everyone can imagine it in their imagination .. Starting from the icebergs, ending with a home power plant collecting the cold from winter .. The gate has been opened, so now you only need to act, because as you know my pension does not allow it and the state of health too ..
I am attaching a few pictures ..
Attachments
Złożenie1 poltt.jpg
opis pompy ciepła.jpg
peltier.jpg
95304616_563461210949706_9194307692515033088_n.jpg
94749399_689280258549723_526223889936678912_n.jpg
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Feliks wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:32 pm Here again, I will remind you of my newest engine and describe how you should use it:
You buy a Tesla car without a battery for 1/4 of its price, you assemble it for several dozen dollars, my last engine to give electricity to Tesla from pieces of ice that you take from your refrigerator .. and you go away. When the ice runs out, you buy it at the gas station and feed it to Tesla again .. No idiotic waiting for it to recharge ..

https://youtu.be/02OTC6ac8NI?t=107

Well, why would someone need an outdated gasoline engine? :lol: :rofl:

Andrew :idea: :idea:
And this ice has a lot of this latent heat .. only half the steam ..
Well, if you convert it into watts, 250 kg of ice can theoretically give as much "heat" as a 25KWh battery of a small electric car .. Except that during its download, its weight drops, and the battery does not ..
Here is an explanation of what it is like

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Get those Allen keys out Andrew and lets see what the score is here regarding these internals.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:28 pm Get those Allen keys out Andrew and lets see what the score is here regarding these internals.
Well, Merlyn, after unscrewing these screws you will see 25 such peltiers arranged as in the movie .. you do not have to use such copper plates, although they look professional .. two aluminum profiles are enough, between which you put these peltiers .. the length of such a bundle is from 2 meters, and for a small house with two such packages, you need to use (for heating) to produce electricity, these packages are enough for 200 watts at delta T - 30 degrees Celsius, but you have 24 hours a day, without a break ..
http://olmotkutno.pl/720-profil-alumini ... -lock.html

Once I wrote to you that in my opinion, 1 MW of power to get it requires about 1 million dollars.
Well, now about this movie .. The guy in it pretends to be an idiot, but he is not, because he exactly makes the whole movie in order to lie to you exactly in the 12th minute and 30th second of this movie ..
https://youtu.be/0xY06PT5JDE?t=757

Why is he doing this? because he is one of the beneficiaries of these 90 million euros from Russia ..
And probably this is also the reason that I am also poor .. but I am telling the truth ...

https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-envi ... ti-fossil/

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 11:28 pm Get those Allen keys out Andrew and lets see what the score is here regarding these internals.
Here is my film, a real one ...

https://new4stroke.com/swieci.mp4

Did you forget to vote for my engine ? :roll:
https://contest.techbriefs.com/2022/ent ... ke-engine.

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Well Andrew I know as my name is Merlyn and as such I am constantly being told that being some sort of Wizard I ought to be able to see insides of engines and the likes in order to locate that follower rattle/whatever without dismantling but I still can't see inside that heat exchanger.
We need for you to get those Allen keys out.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Published by Yamaha, this month of the monthly "Powertrain Technology Internacional", a thermoelectric module for generating electricity from the heat of exhaust gases .. maybe knowledge, but not too much .. Very expensive and ineffective product ..
Page 60-61, 1-2.

https://www.ukimediaevents.com/publication/f503b03c/1

:lol: