New engine

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: New engine

Post by Merlyn »

Metric or Imperial Andrew?
Give us your Lat./Long and I will send you over the necessary set.
Just can't wait to have a gander at the inernals here and see if its poss. or neg. Earth wired.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent
Currently located: Kraków,Polska

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 1:43 am Metric or Imperial Andrew?
Give us your Lat./Long and I will send you over the necessary set.
Just can't wait to have a gander at the inernals here and see if its poss. or neg. Earth wired.
Merlyn, I know you might be impatient, but I had to post this post about this Yamaha ...
Yep. there will be no spinning up, because the work that would cost me would be the largest in the last 7 years .. this my myasthenia gravis, it only looks pretty ... but I can't do anything, Next in the photo I am sending you that my prototype of the Half Rotate engine made of plexiglass, I will not move forward either .. I can not engage in the work of someone either, because they care about me that I also do not have extra money .. and it is as you can see in the pictures .. But I took pictures especially for you, and this There are peltiers from the latter such element, but they are taken out for another show, because part was damaged .. (and I sold the copper for scrap) this one can already see the connections and even one element can be seen sticking out a bit. There really is nothing inside, just flat surfaces to which these peltiers adhere .. And in this extract all are connected in series. But I tried other ways of connecting too .. And if they want to "pretend" an ordinary electric heater, part of it has to be connected in parallel.
You see, this Yamaha cs is trying to do, but does not know that this peltier system is NOT a heat engine, the efficiency of which depends on the difference in temperature. The current is created there in a completely different way, which can be seen perfectly in the experience with ice. :D
When you buy these peltiers in a wholesaler, you pay $ 1 per piece when you buy 1000 pcs. I have not checked other types, but I think that the simplest ones, with a power of about 50 watts, do their job well.
Regards
Andrew :D
Attachments
Złożenie1z radiatorem 2 kol.jpg
Złożenie1 poltt1.jpg
złozenie z puszka  2szt.jpg
WP_20220729_05_36_37_Pro.jpg
WP_20220729_05_35_12_Pro.jpg
WP_20220729_05_32_41_Pro.jpg
WP_20220729_05_32_34_Pro.jpg
WP_20220729_05_32_19_Pro.jpg
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

So we have to go back to 1712 and learn the science of warm and cold again ... 8)

Here is my example animation, how such a cold ice engine can work .. And we have 300 years to develop my concept .. I have already traveled a few years ..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q66DxZB6plE

Andrew :D :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

In other Forum:
GreenV8S wrote:
Maybe you do.

Stirling engines are well known. That drawing shows an extremely crude one. Even very well designed ones have a hopelessly low power density and have no practical application.
But maybe so ...
We are already complicating the drawing. You understand this prowess the old way, and here the new has come.
You close all this business in a box of gas with a pressure of 100 atmospheres, and you take electricity from it, for 100 times better efficiency than you think .. This is also for low-temperature geothermal (50-80 degrees Celsius) and cold water, it is suitable ..
And by the way, it's very similar to my Haf Rotate engine, You can also give up round pistons .. and they can have large dimensions easily .. And then the power density will be rightly high, because everything works on Teflon seals. we deliver ice, ambient heat and we get electricity from this magic box .. of course, no emission of any by-products ..

https://youtu.be/46TI6R4vXCQ

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

So outside the box, only the water to be cooled is transmitted to the cooler and back and the resulting electric current. The heat can be supplied outside the box at normal atmospheric pressure. The efficiency of the device increases 10 times (or 100).
The steam does not go anywhere, because it is in a closed circuit, and the water is similar, it does not need to be topped up, but only cooled ..
Such "boxes" can be installed downstairs in mines to produce electricity .. with high efficiency .. But basically any source of heat can be used ..
The second law of thermodynamics, she forgot to say that the efficiency of a heat engine depends not only on the temperature difference, but also largely on the pressure at which the system works.
The Feliks-Newcomen formula.

https://youtu.be/zd5uDlfDwgc?t=369

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well, Feliks -Newcomen can also make electricity from a low-temperature heat source !
Well, for example, from geothermal energy, the cooling heat of internal combustion engines, and other industrial sources that can produce this temperature of 70 degrees Celsius .. But as we pump the air out to 1/3 of the atmosphere, the steam will be formed already at a temperature of 70 degrees Celsius. I am cold water, let's say 10 degrees Celsius, and the piston pushed by the force of the
"Inner Atmosphere" will go down, because there will be almost a vacuum .... As we have such energy in abundance, efficiency is in second place ..
And as you can see, the operation of a heat engine does not depend only on temperature, as suggested by the so far known second law of thermodynamics, but also on pressure too ...

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

3 august 2019
Here is the thermodynamic problem .. We have in a box, in a vacuum is a set of thermal engines with generators ... Will this set be more efficient than it would be normally installed without a box?
it's about how laws of thermodynamics work on the Equator, and how on the Pole.
Different temperatures
on the Equator 40 degrees Celsius and at the Pole - 40 degrees Celsius also for efficiency and the layout of the engine will be important ...?

Andrew :smoking:

As you can see, I posed such a problem two years ago ..
because I knew there is a solution other than "political correctness" "
Today it is already known that we have energy from the cold too ..
And now for the next thing. my Half Rotate engine .. And its greatest advantage.
This is the BIGGEST piston engine that is technically easy to build. My Half Rotate. Its dimensions are 10 m X 8 m in diameter. The area of one side of the "piston" is 400 X 1000 = 400,000 square cm. That is the pressure of a normal atmosphere, acts on it with a force of 400,000 KG. , that is, at the pressure from the post below, at a pressure of 0.3 atmosphere, it will be a force of 120,000 KG .. So the torque on the shaft will be equal to 120,000 X 2 meters average radius .. = 240,000 Kgm. at its rotational speed of 30 rpm, the power of such half of the engine will be 7400 KW (7.4 MW), i.e. the two halves will be around 15 MW .......
So, taking Geotermia Podhalańska, which declares 60 MW of thermal power, in the months when there is no need for heating, four such engines could also provide electricity for 24 hours a day in the amount of 60 MW .....

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Can't get PV/T equalling C here Andrew no matter how I try.
It just will not remain a Constant?
Please explain?
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:22 pm Can't get PV/T equalling C here Andrew no matter how I try.
It just will not remain a Constant?
Please explain?
See here, maybe I will explain something .. (2013) I went further and used higher pressures as well (but the temperature must also increase) .. for low temperatures the pressure should be lowered ..

https://eprints.soton.ac.uk/348565/1/Mu ... 202013.pdf

This giant my Half Rotate puts the whole thing in a new light ... :idea:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

So this Half Rotate, with the dimensions shown in the picture, but only .... L = 1 meter long, has the SAME displacement as the largest engine in the world. The only difference is that I don't need any oil for lubrication ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W%C3%A4rt ... er_RTA96-C

https://web.archive.org/web/20051226062 ... tac_tr.pdf

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

20220822_085931.jpg
Hate to spoil your day Andrew but this bloke thought of this back along in 1662 and I learnt this in 1960.
Yes it’s PV/T equalling C again.
First law I was to learn.
Thought I would save it for Monday for you to make your day.
:lol:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:55 am 20220822_085931.jpgHate to spoil your day Andrew but this bloke thought of this back along in 1662 and I learnt this in 1960.
Yes it’s PV/T equalling C again.
First law I was to learn.
Thought I would save it for Monday for you to make your day.
:lol:
Here you have something that Newcomen solved 300 years ago ... Imagine that P = Constace,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcomen_ ... ric_engine

My Half Rotate D = 8 meter, or Radius is 4 meter, to the 2nd power = 16 meter x Pi, 3, 14 = area 50.24 square meters .. The suction area for each revolution is, 50,24 / ~~ 2 = 25,14 square meters. Multiply by L = 1 meter in length, this is 25,14 cubic meters = 25140 liters.

Four stroke cycle ..

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Since in this engine there is no loss of the working medium, we can use various, even more expensive liquids. It can be Methanol with a boiling point of 60 degrees Celsius, or even diethyl ether with a boiling point of 36 degrees Celsius .. these temperatures are for normal pressure, i.e. 1 atmosphere. When the pressure drops, so does its temperature. We can even reach 10 degrees for ether, but we have a problem with cooling the distillate should be at least 0 degrees, which we can only achieve in winter, by cooling it with the temperature of ice or negative air temperature.

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Mark Two chain driven version?
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:09 pm Mark Two chain driven version?
Merlyn , Haven't you noticed that it's very similar to my Half Rotate ? :roll:
But mine has 2 cylinders and the upper part can be removed so that the atmospheric pressure has good access .. :D :)
In the US, they produce 1,000,000 MW in thermal, coal and nuclear power plants .. Each of them produces 65% of low temperature waste heat .. So my method can even give an additional 2,000,000 MW of electricity, under normal pressure, on methanol or ether where needed ..
All cooling towers for demolition and chimney flue gas cooled by water ..
Do you think I will be able to ask Bill Gates to mow my lawn in the spring ? :roll: