New engine

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Feliks
Superintendent
Currently located: Kraków,Polska

Re: New engine

Post by Feliks »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoVmejDsMrM

Interestingly, if such a rotor with wings would also be more efficient than a traditional propeller for the ship. Maybe he wouldn't beat as much unproductive foam as the traditional one 🙂 You need to ask some Sailing Captain to check it 🙂 .. And maybe it would be a bit cheaper ..

Andrew :)
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Post by Merlyn »

About this 3 cylinder engine ANDREW,
See the top two cylinders have a scraper ring fitted but have only one oil control ring and only one compression ring fitted?
How is this?
Two stroke I take it?
Why two crank journals on the top picture?
Why not two conrods on the same journal?
Moving onto the biggest lower piston again one missing compression ring?
Where is the scraper ring?
There is none?
What’s the score here then re the piston thrust face with no lower scraper ring fitted?
Tramline jobby here then in the making?
Looks like if one were fitted at BDC it would stand outside the liner/ parent bore, is the bottom end got a large relief taper machined in it to simulate a piston ring clamp type situation for re entry purposes?
What’s with this “ windows speech ?” Do you mean ports?
Also digging into my toolbox right by my bearing scraper I remove my dividers ( the imperial ones, not those metric ones ) and see that by measuring that long stroke top end travel that the lower scraper ring will sit outside the bore at BDC?
Furthermore those Conrod’s appear to have no H section present?
So is this an H.P. I.P. L.P. Set up?
Also why is the R/H/S PISTON running behind the L/H one?
Carb or injected?
Giving the matter further in depth thoughts I can only conclude that that mm ( Mickey Mouse ) measurement system that you are forced to use at your Lat/Long has perhaps affected your complex calculations to such an extent that by converting to pounds shillings and pence ( ie Imperial ) could well save the day and prevent this engine from perhaps running the other way.
To that extent I would be more than willing to loan you my Imperial dividers by V L Churchill. ( of course )
They would, as such prove to you that beyond all reasonable doubt that N is indeed the unknown number and progress your advanced complex designs of which many of us out here struggle to take on board.
Opposed piston engine with a difference then?
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 4:38 am About this 3 cylinder engine ANDREW,
See the top two cylinders have a scraper ring fitted but have only one oil control ring and only one compression ring fitted?
How is this?
Two stroke I take it?
Why two crank journals on the top picture?
Why not two conrods on the same journal?
Moving onto the biggest lower piston again one missing compression ring?
Where is the scraper ring?
There is none?
What’s the score here then re the piston thrust face with no lower scraper ring fitted?
Tramline jobby here then in the making?
Looks like if one were fitted at BDC it would stand outside the liner/ parent bore, is the bottom end got a large relief taper machined in it to simulate a piston ring clamp type situation for re entry purposes?
What’s with this “ windows speech ?” Do you mean ports?
Also digging into my toolbox right by my bearing scraper I remove my dividers ( the imperial ones, not those metric ones ) and see that by measuring that long stroke top end travel that the lower scraper ring will sit outside the bore at BDC?
Furthermore those Conrod’s appear to have no H section present?
So is this an H.P. I.P. L.P. Set up?
Also why is the R/H/S PISTON running behind the L/H one?
Carb or injected?
Giving the matter further in depth thoughts I can only conclude that that mm ( Mickey Mouse ) measurement system that you are forced to use at your Lat/Long has perhaps affected your complex calculations to such an extent that by converting to pounds shillings and pence ( ie Imperial ) could well save the day and prevent this engine from perhaps running the other way.
To that extent I would be more than willing to loan you my Imperial dividers by V L Churchill. ( of course )
They would, as such prove to you that beyond all reasonable doubt that N is indeed the unknown number and progress your advanced complex designs of which many of us out here struggle to take on board.
Opposed piston engine with a difference then?
Okay Marlyn, I see you've started to follow my engine closely .. That's good because that's the future of 4-stroke engines, but you have to find the right answers to a lot of new questions first. How many ? Well, I think that about 90 percent of the old knowledge needs to be thrown away and replaced with a new one .. many have aversion to it, because they feel that it is so .. and in addition, these units have to be converted into imperial ones .. You pointed out to me that I should also give in imperial ones, because you understand the matter well, and you want to help me spread the idea .. And here you are 100% right with these ones ..
Well, my prototype (the latter) was built on the basis of a two-cylinder engine with a total base of 600 cm ^ 3, i.e. 36.6 in ^ 3. The total capacity of this engine, including the capacity of the suction piston, is about 958 cm ^ 3, i.e. 58.5 in ^ 3 (but exact, depending on the position of the crankshafts) ... dimensions, made for racing with my system and will reach the power of 100 HP ... Meanwhile it turned out (in my life threat) that the engine has about 250 HP, both values ​​at 10,000 RPM. It was so far from my assumed parameters that it never occurred to me that the engine could have so much .. And I could not believe it myself .. Only my slow and rational analysis more or less replied that it is probable with such an engine. There are many things to it, and most importantly, this power gain does not come from an increase in revolutions, but only from an increased torque of the engine. Therefore, it is not surprising to other people that such parameters are impossible to obtain, since the same in I did not believe it, although I am a designer and constructor of this engine. But it turned out to be true. and for now there is no other way but to believe my words .. I have a working prototype, but I will not allow me to measure the power on an engine dynamometer, because I know that with such a measurement, the engine would roll immediately, because the bottom of the engine comes from the factory engine which has only .. 23 HP .. But I think that real experts on the basis of observation of the engine and measuring eg. the fuel nozzle in the carburetor, they will also be able to estimate, like me, the power of this engine at about 250 HP at 10,000 RPM. Probably it is also thanks to my honest way in this prototype, and for example I wanted to make smaller windows, but they came out bigger and I couldn't fix it anymore. The opening and closing angles of the "valves" (pistons) have reached 360 degrees of crankshaft rotation, so the engine only idles at 1000 RPM, but then it is amazing ...
Regarding rings, you can use any combination, but I used such a dykes ring.

http://mecoa.com/faq/rings/ringtypes.htm

The question about two crank pins is correct .. I applied a certain drawing trick to make it clear how the pins are arranged and how the connecting rods reach the individual pistons .. in nature it would be necessary to draw one piston after the other, which would prevent a good reading of this drawing and understanding the idea .. Besides, the pins are shifted by 90 degrees, because this is what the "timing" requires.
Yes, windows in my understanding mean ports ..
So the lower ring is outside the window and it must be so that the oil does not get to the window (port) ..
Thanks for understanding that N is a really unknown number .. :roll:

Well, at the end, this is the value of my work .. Take the best day's pay you have ever received, for being a good mechanic and multiply it by 1000 days .. 3 years that I spent only on the second prototype ..

I hope you follow my PhD thesis defense .. :D

Andrew :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

So now it will be further about this climate warming. Here is the evidence that CO2 is not a greenhouse gas because it is twice as heavy as air, and it sinks to the ground itself, where it nourishes all plants (that's why grass grows so fast). And it does not rise to the atmosphere and therefore has no influence on it.
Here is a video of a miniature chimney in a power plant and you can clearly see that CO2 flows out of it and immediately falls down. Exactly the same happens with CO2 flowing out of a real power plant chimney, after some time ..

https://youtu.be/MOgUpI4c2yk?t=2

In this second film, at the very beginning, you can see how the band "Śląsk" stands in such "smoke" made of dry ice .. and it also just walks on the ground, without any lifting. So it is clear that CO2 cannot be a greenhouse gas. know, please do not tell about any "carbon footprint" anymore ..

https://youtu.be/kh2xUNaILr0?t=3

Andrew :D :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well, I noticed that a little knowledge of mathematics can result in people becoming "poor fools", focusing their hard work out of place .. and thus becoming "poor" instead of "rich" .. It also has a relationship. with my projects, which, of course, aims to become "richer". As you can see, not everyone appreciates it, but it's nothing, because "there is no bad thing that would not turn out to be good".
So, as I have just stated, the evil lies (on the side of the unskillful use of mathematics), so in line with my nature, I decided to use my first math lesson to start thinking for myself. And people should not be fooled by untrue stories ... :roll:
Well, I will ask the first math question to be solved .. "On what island in the sea, all the people of the World can fit, standing next to each other, with the need for a standing space for a person, measuring 0.7 x 0.7 meters (0 , 5 m ^ 2). " ? ? 8)
This is a task in which mathematics will broaden our imagination ..
Alternatively, please enter the name of this island. This solution will stimulate you to think ... ..and will open the way to the second math lesson related to it ..
But I can see something that is hard to count what kind of island it is ..:cool2:
Really, they would put everything on Gotland in the Baltic Sea ... A little closer to UK and Poland ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotland
Well, now it's time for the second math's lesson ... If you can already find such an island on the Globe ... and estimate its size compared to the whole world ..
Well, now it is known that all people in the world have an average dose of 6 tons of CO2 A YEAR ... 1 cubic meter of CO2 weighs 2 KG. So now 6,000 KG will be divided by 2 tp gives 3,000 meters of height above each square meter of the island. Since the slack is on average 0.5 meters each, it means that the CO2 produced by each of them will occupy a volume of up to 6,000 meters in height and the area of the island. ( ANNUALLY ):stirthepot:
Now let's say the globe has a radius of 50 cm, so one centimeter represents 50/6378 = 0.0078 cm its 1 kilometer, or 6 km x 0.0078 = 0.047 cm on the globe, or 0.5 mm. Of course, 90% of this is absorbed by the oceans and vegetation. there is still 0.07 mm in height. Certainly, you will not feel such a height on this globe above this island by moving your finger over it (even a fingernail) ... Now you understand how it relates to the entire globe .. Do you think that someone is telling you a false war go to you? With this false war, you surely won't be rich .. Now you understand why it's worth knowing math's ..

It's hard to find Gotland in the Baltic Sea on this world map ..

Andrew :mrgreen:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Here's more about this dynamic engine boost:

https://www.macsmotorcitygarage.com/sec ... induction/

So now I will try to authenticate the received power of my prototype ..
Well, in my opinion, you should simulate all the capacities of all 3 cylinders with pistons, because they are involved in every engine cycle, in its entirety.
we have this - The main piston has a capacity of 297 cubic centimeters
The suction piston has a capacity of 181 cubic centimeters
The exhaust piston has a capacity of 79 cubic centimeters
i.e. the sum of one engine cylinder is 297 + 181 + 79 = 557 cubic centimeters, i.e. with two cylinders, as in the prototype it is 1114 cubic centimeters.

Now, due to the very quick opening of the ports, the forces resulting from the induction frame (dynamic boost) are much greater than those of classic valves. Therefore, the entire space as shown in the drawing is perfectly "flushed" with fresh load, up to the maximum capacity of all cylinders. So it is possible to fill this 1114 cm volume completely ..

But now we have the displacement of the pipe between the carburetor tank and the cylinder, which, due to its inertia, will also fall into these cylinders and will not be retracted as with a classic cylinder, and will supplement the already sucked load.

The capacity of this pipe for one cylinder is about 400 cubic centimeters (diameter 5 cm and length 22 centimeters), i.e. for two cylinders it is 800 centimeters, which will be added to the previously calculated displacement, i.e. 1114 + 800 = 1914 cubic centimeters. that is, my prototym really sucks about 2 liters in capacity, it is no wonder that at 10,000 revolutions per minute, it will give us a power of about 250 KM .. (BMW 2002 ti at 10 000 rpm)

Now do you believe so much is possible ? 8)

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well, yes. After a few months of testing and theoretical preparation, it turned out that through this inlet conduit p with a diameter of 5 cm and a length of 22 cm, the amount of load (air with gasoline is about 400 cubic centimeters. This load has a mass of 0.4 liters x 1.2 Grams = 0.48 grams for a single suction and now, depending on the revolutions, it has a certain momentum to these 3500 revolutions, it was still not too big and the engine was still mixed with gasoline within the limits of possible flammability .. But above these RPM, there was too much gasoline and the engine lost the possibility of ignition of the load .. This should be explained by the lack of response to the carburetor throttles .. for example, this momentum caused a large load of new load, with a relatively large nozzle, for gasoline, for such a large air flow. .the load became non-flammable, and only by chance I discovered that the engine sucks almost 3 times more, ..for one second it does a strong one.3500/60 = 58 revolutions, i.e. one suction takes 0.02 sec. . During this time, approx. 1 liter of air is sucked. Within a second, approx. 50 liters are sucked in through a pipe with an area of ​​approx. 20 ccm, i.e. 50,000 cm / 20 = 2,500 cm. Sec. Speed ​​in the pipe. (2.5 m / sec) multiply it is by mass 0.48 grams = 1.2 G m / s this is the momentum that the charge will receive .. which will allow to "recharge" the cylinder.
More about the calculations here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navier%E2 ... _equations

And it turned out that only what, apart from animation, becomes really interesting ... :lol:

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well, here is Newton's cradle, in which we can easily imagine that the ball has a charge of air reaching the cylinder and then it is compressed, as a result of transferring its momentum between them, just like metal balls do.

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Feliks wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:14 am
Since when the keg came into existence, for it is her shipping by ships constituted a spot of bother. That is how, they forgot to attach, while swinging the ship rolled from one side to other side, hitting in not around with great energy. There was this great danger for the crew. That is how, they forgot to attach, while swinging the ship rolled from one side to other side, hitting in not around with great energy. I decided to use this energy for the production of the electric current with the help of the oscillatory dynamo. It is a pendulum driving the oscillatory dynamo around so with keg. It will be sufficient to install shipboard or for other swimming raft, and during waving we have the electricity, rather than danger

block of osillating dynamo:

Regards Andrew :D
Well, since no one wants Russian gas, it needs to be replaced with something .. Well, with such vessels, Trawlers - FELIX processing plants ... :D On such trawlers, you need to put a few such barrels on board (and also below the deck). They can be after beer. .. :lol: Swaying barrels on ships, on the Waves of the North Sea, will give electricity ... The electricity will be electrolysis to produce hydrogen, Hydrogen will be mixed with freely available CO2, which will make a gas very similar to natural gas .. Then gas will liquefy ... And a few of these "processing plants" will refuel the mother's ship - an ordinary gas carrier ...

Trawler - FELIX processing plant. in this way, it can produce synthetic natural gas from this hydrogen for liquefying and converting it into a liquid received by ordinary gas tanks and released into existing gas systems.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dakota_Ga ... on_Company

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabatier_reaction

Andrew :D :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Well, all the Great Politicians give their opinion on energy .. But I also published such a film .. It follows that the first, second and third Principles of Thermodynamics are NOT TRUE .. Because its basic equation that the efficiency of the engine = T1-T2 / T1, it would have to be negative .. it follows from this experience in the video .. So when are we melting the ice of Greenland to get an electric current? They too have now become renewable energy ..

https://youtu.be/02OTC6ac8NI?t=3

Andrew :idea: :idea:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Here again, I will remind you of my newest engine and describe how you should use it:
You buy a Tesla car without a battery for 1/4 of its price, you assemble it for several dozen dollars, my last engine to give electricity to Tesla from pieces of ice that you take from your refrigerator .. and you go away. When the ice runs out, you buy it at the gas station and feed it to Tesla again .. No idiotic waiting for it to recharge ..

https://youtu.be/02OTC6ac8NI?t=107

Well, why would someone need an outdated gasoline engine? :lol: :rofl:

Andrew :idea: :idea:
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Could someone haul me an iceberg in the ocean to the shore for me to convert it to electricity? After all, it has melted uselessly so far ... 8)

Do you know how much fresh water would be by the way ? :lol:

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Post by Merlyn »

Andrew,
I think you would be better off perfecting the diesel driven deck cloth than all this ice idea.
After all it only melts at the end of the day whether it be AC or DC single or three phase.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:53 pm Andrew,
I think you would be better off perfecting the diesel driven deck cloth than all this ice idea.
After all it only melts at the end of the day whether it be AC or DC single or three phase.
Oh Merlyn, I'm glad you're in good health! :D
You know, this idea with ice was only born a few days ago. I already knew about the warmth from the finger on the peltier, when it turned out that my motor has more power than I expected. I tried to draw a new circuit, but it also didn't turn out to be easy. So I started to have suspicions about Lord Kelvin's laws .. Since the heavier machine made a mistake with flying, maybe something is not as he imagined. his time peltiers were not used .. But it turned out that we can have an electric current from ice, which gives Heat too .. So the announced law T1-T2 / T1 does not apply throughout the entire period, because in this case with ice, this formula would say that the efficiency of such a device is less than zero - negative .. And it is not, because it gets a constant current, only with reversed polarity .. I have been fighting with these peltiers for 20 years, and I felt what it was like, but I had no direct proof which only recently with this ice popped into my mind .. I think that it is too early to judge the usefulness of this; .. But when it comes to a slight difference in temperatures positive, it has many advantages.
First, it is a legally eternal device that can work for up to 100 years, just like a transistor, because it is a semiconductor. so you invest once, and you have, and diesel 10 times in this period, it would have to be renovated .. And the same fact, it already says that you will have to look at it better .. To my knowledge, the costs are not too high .. To and from diesel ALL the waste heat with these peltiers can be converted into electricity .. which gives a 50% increase in energy .. If it is my diesel, a lot of this heat will not be wasted .. But always .. But about my diesel and heat in another you have to reason ..
Well, in such a Greenland you can water from the ocean, the topic of this ice, and get quite a lot of electricity, with which you can electrolyze water and produce liquefied natural gas, when there is too much of this energy .. Probably some people may not like it ..
So, as you know, I have unlimited research funding from my retirement pension for sure.
But maybe it's good, because I could get tired and my health would suffer ...
Regards Andrew :D :D