New engine

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: New engine

Post by Merlyn »

I reckon you could be trying to set me up here Andrew ‘cause you live in a flat.
Dig back thro’ your family tree, you never know Robert Boyle might be a very long lost uncle to you and this could be the route cause to your inventions maybe?
Either that or you could have drunk out of the same beer glass as him somewhen along the way.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent
Currently located: Kraków,Polska

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:57 am I reckon you could be trying to set me up here Andrew ‘cause you live in a flat.
Dig back thro’ your family tree, you never know Robert Boyle might be a very long lost uncle to you and this could be the route cause to your inventions maybe?
Either that or you could have drunk out of the same beer glass as him somewhen along the way.
:D

I am really surprised ...
but sometimes stupid thing, how can you see the dates on my YT with this peltier .. I posted a movie with the heat of my finger, but I had to wait 9 years to put a piece of ice on it .. and publish a new movie .. Well that allowed me to go completely new way. I checked this relationship with Robert Boyle, but I did not find anything .. But my mother told me that she was a quarter of a Spanish blood .. supposedly .. so maybe closer now ..
My grandfather was a train driver on a wheel before World War II ..
On the other hand, Mum was a teacher and scientist and wrote her doctoral dissertation entitled "Emotional causes of failure in learning" and examines children with psychological tests. But the communists did not need it .. Of course she made sure that I had the right emotions .. And I had to read the whole ...
On the other hand, in 1957 we were visiting Uncle, who lived in Glasgow, and there I fell ill with bone marrow infection in my left hand and they performed surgeries for me, saving my life, Yes, I feel grateful to them to this day .. Uncle had a few shops and several car workshops, and he sent me English technical books for children to Poland .. I was very proud of them.
Anyway, I think that God's judgments are unsearchable and I see God's finger in all of this ...

Here is what I liked the most when I was little: walking with Mom by hand around Planty in Krakow

Andrew :D
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

nb
Last edited by Feliks on Fri Aug 26, 2022 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:57 am I reckon you could be trying to set me up here Andrew ‘cause you live in a flat.
I am really surprised too .... :)

But maybe I will tell you another path that is possible ..
Namely, I once slept in the "Edison" hotel in New York for one week .. Maybe that's where I dreamed of my few ideas .. :D

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Revie ... _York.html

Andrew :D :D

https://youtu.be/ddba354yzp0?t=6
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Yes, that will explain why I am making fun of this Yamaha and how they apply peltiers. (not only she does the same thing) Well, first of all, the Peltier element, it is a SEMICONDUCTOR .. and it is commonly known that semiconductors, but above the temperature of 150 degrees Celsius, are damaged. But apparently, on a special and very expensive order, such Peltiers were produced, which withstand a temperature of 400 degrees Celsius ... in addition, they measure their 5% weldability, but it is not clear what to what. Well, let it be. These high-temperature Peltiers have been made to have a large temperature difference, then there will be a great feasibility then. Well, pears on the willow, because it is not a heat engine .. I will explain - it thinks that if it heats the cells to 400 degrees Celsius, they will give more electricity .. Obviously not true, because in photovoltaics electricity is created on a different principle, and basically it is independent of the cell temperature. You can spoil them only by heating them up. It is quite the same with the Peltiers. Instead of cooling the exhaust pipe with water and putting a Peltier on the water, such incredible things are made and advertised with their "wisdom". The current on the peltier does not arise only because there is a temperature difference, a phenomenon more similar to photovoltaics .. Of course, the temperature difference is needed but within a reasonable range for Peltier, i.e. 70 degrees Celsius ..
So much for the deserved Yamaha company and other wise ...:teacher:

Well, since I have so much money, then I schematically drew my Half Rotate for Newcomen, rework two "cylinders" so that atmospheric pressure had free access to "pistons"

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Andrew,
Maybe you ought to do more research re the family tree re Robert Boyle concerning your ancestry because these ideas of yours have to come from somewhere and I feel as yours are mainly steam powered this could most likely be the route for you to take.
Had your prefered fueling been diesel then maybe I got it wrong and the person we seek might be Robert Bosch so please consider this fact into your equations as a likely alternative.
Had you not informed me of your Edison Hotel stay in New York I would have never known of this fact but I do, considering the matter further wonder if you had stayed at a five star one perhaps even further uprated ( five star ) ideas may have emerged from your stay?
In passing nice to know you have come into a load of dough since I remember your past posts complaining about the lack of same and as such I await your next posting which maybe keep the do gooders happy by running engines on compressed air maybe and snorting out same so us lot out here are only back intake wise to secondhand Woodbine smoke being exhausted to atmosphere.
Ps,
Don't forget re the next New York trip affiliated idea to design the valvegear to enable the design to be Ambidexrous as this will, I feel enhance sales to make you even richer than you are.
Pps,
Don't forget re any Will problems Merlyn is spelt with a Y and not an I as maybe oneday I can retrace your steps re the Edison stay.
I rest my case.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 11:49 pm Andrew,
Maybe you ought to do more research re the family tree re Robert Boyle concerning your ancestry because these ideas of yours have to come from somewhere and I feel as yours are mainly steam powered this could most likely be the route for you to take.
Had your prefered fueling been diesel then maybe I got it wrong and the person we seek might be Robert Bosch so please consider this fact into your equations as a likely alternative.
Had you not informed me of your Edison Hotel stay in New York I would have never known of this fact but I do, considering the matter further wonder if you had stayed at a five star one perhaps even further uprated ( five star ) ideas may have emerged from your stay?
In passing nice to know you have come into a load of dough since I remember your past posts complaining about the lack of same and as such I await your next posting which maybe keep the do gooders happy by running engines on compressed air maybe and snorting out same so us lot out here are only back intake wise to secondhand Woodbine smoke being exhausted to atmosphere.
Ps,
Don't forget re the next New York trip affiliated idea to design the valvegear to enable the design to be Ambidexrous as this will, I feel enhance sales to make you even richer than you are.
Pps,
Don't forget re any Will problems Merlyn is spelt with a Y and not an I as maybe oneday I can retrace your steps re the Edison stay.
I rest my case.
Okay Merlyn, I'm thinking about this Edison Hotel, it was in 1998 and maybe so much time the air stopped somewhere in the ventilation from his stay, it must have had time for something new to be born .. This air must be special, because the tube from its the room where he used to live has been corked and is kept in the Ford Museum .. Maybe it would be nice if you had a spare tube with a cork too ..
It used to be a five-star life, as you can see, but since I published my oil page in 2005, the number of stars has dropped sharply and has stopped at half a star. I think it's all because of the countries that live off the export of oil and gas .. and they have good connections in my country .. Anyway, I still have these 3.5 dollars a day, after paying all my regular bills, for 5 years now retired. ., Even taking into account inflation .. But what worries me the most is my double vision, and other torments from my Miastenia Grawis .. But as you can see, sometimes I will write something and even draw it .. So when it comes to valves, this is the way I'll show you ... It's good that you're still thinking about me, Merlyn, and reading my posts, because as you know, inventors are always one step ahead than what they published ..
Regards ..

Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Feliks wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:04 pm So outside the box, only the water to be cooled is transmitted to the cooler and back and the resulting electric current. The heat can be supplied outside the box at normal atmospheric pressure. The efficiency of the device increases 10 times (or 100).
The steam does not go anywhere, because it is in a closed circuit, and the water is similar, it does not need to be topped up, but only cooled ..
Such "boxes" can be installed downstairs in mines to produce electricity .. with high efficiency .. But basically any source of heat can be used ..
The second law of thermodynamics, she forgot to say that the efficiency of a heat engine depends not only on the temperature difference, but also largely on the pressure at which the system works.
The Feliks-Newcomen formula.

Well, don't worry Merlyn, I'll post the next steps ...
so that there was no shock therapy, with my inventions, I also started publishing, so that everyone could easily understand what it is because they know Boyle a little and know what pressure P is. then the engine will have 5 times more torque .. increasing the temperature of steam conversion only by 30 degrees Celsius .. And this is understandable, although the proportions are already fundamentally different than in the second law of thermodynamics .. But now, as already is quite understandable, we will not associate this efficiency with pressure,
a weight that can easily replace this pressure .. and perhaps is less technically troublesome ..
Well, now the calculation of one of my Half Rotate cylinders, 400 x 1000 = 400,000 square cm, will give us 2,000,000 KG at 5 atm (2000 tons), i.e. the average torque x 2 meters = 4,000,000 kgm and at a speed of 30 rpm min = 123 MW of electric power from one space ..
And that's it, with a childish temperature of only 130 degrees Celsius, 5 atmospheres of pressure .. and a completely closed medium circulation.
Well, everyone can see that in such an engine, it really does not depend on heat, which has increased by 30 degrees .. the motor torque has increased five TIMES !
for nuclear power plants, such a system of energy production from a reactor can also be used.
Write whether you have easily understood the emergence of energy from ... weight ... :roll:

This is my way to "help" the atmosphere :lol:
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Andrew,
It would appear to me that we have a crossover of interests here in so much as the semi rotary engine is a IC engine and the chain driven one is steam powered one.
This is borne out by the valvegear fitted to the IC engine, looks like 45 or 30 degree cut seats and to boot looks like four spark plugs fitted in the firing areas.
As such looks like Mr Boyle is redundant on the IC one.
The IC one seems to have a full flow water jacket fitted but the method of fuelling is not shown be it carburettor or injected.
I take it the yellow illustrated inserts are the seals necessary to separate the firing areas and the main shaft.
Where is the inlet and exhaust functions?
They seem to run through the block.
How do the twin con rods transmit the motion as there is no crank fitted? Where’s the camshaft?
Has this got a management system fitted or what’s the modus operandi of distributing sparks here?
So in conclusion PV/T= C was nearly 200 years before the IC engine was invented so methinks back to the drawing board on the semi rotary on Andrew?
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 12:42 am Andrew,
It would appear to me that we have a crossover of interests here in so much as the semi rotary engine is a IC engine and the chain driven one is steam powered one.
This is borne out by the valvegear fitted to the IC engine, looks like 45 or 30 degree cut seats and to boot looks like four spark plugs fitted in the firing areas.
As such looks like Mr Boyle is redundant on the IC one.
The IC one seems to have a full flow water jacket fitted but the method of fuelling is not shown be it carburettor or injected.
I take it the yellow illustrated inserts are the seals necessary to separate the firing areas and the main shaft.
Where is the inlet and exhaust functions?
They seem to run through the block.
How do the twin con rods transmit the motion as there is no crank fitted? Where’s the camshaft?
Has this got a management system fitted or what’s the modus operandi of distributing sparks here?
So in conclusion PV/T= C was nearly 200 years before the IC engine was invented so methinks back to the drawing board on the semi rotary on Andrew?
Merlyn! It turned out that you have become a co-creator of my considerations unconsciously .. And this is how inventions arise, if high-class professionals meet and start to view their works asking substantive questions .. So your calling the steam engine "Chain" is just such a step in good side .. why? Well, because it perfectly illustrates that this steam engine is not driven by steam pressure, because the "chain" would have to bend .. it can be said that the steam is "sucked" into the cylinder due to the force coming from the chain .. (similar to air is sucked in in the combustion engine) and this is different from what we are used to in the operation of a steam engine .. And that was clearly articulated by your proper name for the steam engine .. and indeed, this law of Mr. Boile does not apply .. why? It is so easy that this law applies to gas, and it does not work when the water evaporates at 100 degrees Celsius and vice versa. This is such a unique point where it cannot be used.
Well, my Haf rotate is not just an internal combustion engine, but a piston system including steam and compressors like other pumps as well .. So I posted how I came up with this idea, which makes it easier to understand all its unique features ..
Well, when it comes to bundles, I still have a dilemma whether to use classic ones, which basically allow the engine to work without lubricating oil, or piston ones, like in new4stroke, but they already need lubricating oil, and today I have not solved the dilemma ..
Here are these links and some pictures of this Half Rotate ..
http://www.new4stroke.com/images/Possib ... 0pivot.htm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghAF-YoNxVg

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Whilst I take on board all that you have said Andrew this latest configeration of yours is for a land based machine, a three axled loco. no less.
I see the counterbalance weights on each wheel clearly displayed but the driving rods are very very close to the centre shaft whereby on a loco. they are on the extremity of the OD of the driven wheel in order to transmit the maximum effort.
But as this is a Marine Engineering site this set up is a land based depiction and somehow needs a propeller( or two) introduced into the equation.
And in passing your valvegear arrangement needs sorting out for one specific reason.
Its running backwards rotationwise.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 2:04 am Whilst I take on board all that you have said Andrew this latest configeration of yours is for a land based machine, a three axled loco. no less.
I see the counterbalance weights on each wheel clearly displayed but the driving rods are very very close to the centre shaft whereby on a loco. they are on the extremity of the OD of the driven wheel in order to transmit the maximum effort.
But as this is a Marine Engineering site this set up is a land based depiction and somehow needs a propeller( or two) introduced into the equation.
And in passing your valvegear arrangement needs sorting out for one specific reason.
Its running backwards rotationwise.
Well Merlyn, I see Half Rotate being adapted for marine use. long shafts with propellers at the end must be attached to each wheel with the weight.
This type of engine does not become popular quickly, because no one has shown its good technology .. I show possible technology, because it is possible, because the "cylinder" and the piston are relatively separated by the distance, and in a small sonic it can be 1 mm , but even larger, even 5 millimeters. and such a row may be imperfections of the "cylinder" .. Besides, the "cylinder" will not wear out, so nothing threatens a bolted joint with a double head, similar to classic solutions .. Probably now you will look at it with a more kind eye .. Of course it can They can be steam or diesel versions, as well as Newcomen waste heat recovery, which will also recover all heat from the exhaust gas cooling from the conventional engine.
I think this is the next small step in developing this structure .. ..

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

Andrew,
So six propshafts, six sets Michel Plummer bearing assemblies, six sets thrust pad assemblies ,six sets of ninety degree angle drive gearboxes, shaft tunnels to accommodate same and six sterngland assemblies. Plus six sets couplings.
Or three shafts into one ninety degree gearbox.
And what about the props?
Never six of them?
Sounds a shore side job to me?
And those Puffers don’t have a condenser, condenser pump nor feed pump fitted.
Nor any circulating pumps.
Feliks
Superintendent

Post by Feliks »

Merlyn wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:32 am Andrew,
So six propshafts, six sets Michel Plummer bearing assemblies, six sets thrust pad assemblies ,six sets of ninety degree angle drive gearboxes, shaft tunnels to accommodate same and six sterngland assemblies. Plus six sets couplings.
Or three shafts into one ninety degree gearbox.
And what about the props?
Never six of them?
Sounds a shore side job to me?
And those Puffers don’t have a condenser, condenser pump nor feed pump fitted.
Nor any circulating pumps.
Oh yeah Merlyn, it must be the best six ... Because ... this engine can have 500,000 horsepower, .. with one shaft here you have such a star, not necessarily weaker,
and Puffers do not have a circulating pump, because the condensate from the boiler and a pressure of 5 Atmospheres through the external cooler and flows into the cold liquid tank ...
This is a single shaft version and of course the piston is cooled by water .. Hollow pistons, no piston pin, no grooves and sealing steel rings ..

Merlyn
Fleet Engineer

Post by Merlyn »

500,000 SHP Andrew?
Didnt think there was that many SHP in the world.
Biggest one so far is 108,00 SHP so how bigs this ship gonna be?
Gi normous jobby here.
And all on one shaft?
Or a DE version?
Where you gonna build this?
Its all off the clock in terms of reality.