Federal Vaccine Mandate

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
zizek
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: St. John's

Re: Federal Vaccine Mandate

Post by zizek »

And finally, Please, if you want to use QANON conspiracies to dictate what workplace safety culture should look like, then please, go find another job. I do not want to work with people that use insane right wing conspiracy theories decide safety policy in my workplace. I think you would be far better suited for a pyramid scheme, not a safety critical industrial setting.
Merlyn
Fleet Engineer
Currently located: South Coast UK

Re: Federal Vaccine Mandate/

Post by Merlyn »

DIeseldude;
I have read your latest in depth medical statements and whilst not in the habit of burying my head in the sand I still cannot see this tangential speech’s having any direct resemblance to a Marine Engineering site which this predominately is.
Had I wanted to be lectured on medical problems in depth then as such I would have joined such a site which depicts same.
However for me that is not the case and as such I would prefer reading about things of an engineering matter which interest me and not be subject to the possible nightmares of deranged doctors chasing me around the engine room with some huge needle cobbled up to a CR multistage injector of 8 stages or more delivering the 8 injections in the blink of an eye whilst passing me by.
Because for me, and I have to say this this to me is what this tangential speech represents.
I realise all the wretched political and the like problems which exist not only over there but here also and would accept that things only appear to get worst in the trade but as I said before all that heavy medical references that you refer to does not hardly compare in my view to a discussion on flame ring protrusion heights or in depth CR problems that nowadays I have to deal with.
As to the Piper Alfa disaster I had a friend who survived it and as such am probably in a better position than most to relate to it and the causes therein.
Should any of my disbelievers out there wish to disagree with my findings/thoughts on the foregoing then the answer is there quite clearly for all to see.
Next time you log on pay particular attention to the opening page and note what it says.
Look for the big red “ M “
Read directly below it.

It depicts quite clearly.

“ MARTINS MARINE ENGINEERING PAGE “

As such I rest my case.

I look forward to your reply with much interest.

WES;

Concerning your thinly disguised remarks concerning those who cannot take it on board/understand Dieseldude’s lectures because of near or at or on retirement I would take this opportunity in writing that those with higher hours showing can relate to far more than those with much lower hours displayed.
For example concerning my apprenticeship for example ( five long years ) at the tender age of 16 I was heavily involved in letting go main engine mains/bigends/valve gear etc and jacking up and correctly supporting two cranks with journals of some two foot plus diameter and removing the lower caps and thrusts to chain block all the bearing caps off the ship, back to the workshop, up on a very large faceplate concentrically, bored out all the old white metal and remove from the lathe.
Making up a mandrel, being shown the correct proportionate lead/tin etc mix and casting each main and big end ( in one hit each one that is ) and detaching the mould back up onto the faceplate and with many brass shims on the horn of the bearing bore it out to the correct diameter and hope you did not experience a blowhole on the last cut.
Removing from faceplate, drilling out oil hole and wth half round chisel carefully cut oil ways.
Any minor blowholes would carefully be incorporated into the oil channels being cut.
Out of the lathe, crane it all onto the lorry, back to the ship, hyabb it on deck, transport down below and refit the mains.
Out with the leads and take several leads over all mains, off with the caps and measure the leads and back on with the caps, eventually out with any necessary shims removals and start with the engineers blue and your trusty bearing scraper.
Now the real work begins.
Weeks of labour turning the crank with the turning gear in, off with the caps and up with the crank many times whilst you attempted over the course of many weeks of labour to learn the art of bearing scraping from old experienced hands.
This was an art lost on many apprentices who would never ever master it as it was a very difficult art to attain.
When eventually the bearings were correctly scraped into the crank was all done, there used to have to be so many dots per square inch displayed of engineers blue on the white metal before the final bolt up was attained.
No torque settings here, flogging spanner torques to be applied, ie FT setting.
Now onto the big ends and the whole process was repeated.
Very time consuming and intensive repairs here and much to learn at the age of 16 but the point I am trying to make here is that us with higher hours displayed can still relate directly to this type of repairs easier than folk with lower hours displayed.
So I have the advantage here, despite being in Wes’s thinly disguised remarks / category of “ retirement and/OR approaching same etc I can relate and remember all of this because of being in Wes’s time scale I can relate directly to it.
Can you Wes?
Please be kind enough to inform me and all the other engineers ( not medics ) when was the last time you performed such a task so that we can all compare notes and therefore enhance our knowledge in the world of Marine Engineering.
In passing I would like to thank you for your interest in reading this article in its entirety and apologies for going off at a tangent concerning the CR diesel driven syringe invention and as such can only hope that my rambling off onto other subjects does not distract from the purpose of this site.
MARINE ENGINEERING
P.S.
Don’t forget the big red “ M “

P.P.S.
I still have my original bearing scraper in my box together with necessary leads and engineers blue if you are ever over this way and fancy a go.
V.L. Churchill one too, genuine stuff here.

I await your reply with much interest.
Remembering The Good Old days, when Chiefs stood watches and all Torque settings were F.T.
BoatNick
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: NS

Post by BoatNick »

It is amazing how so many people have fallen for a popular notion without checking even some basic facts. JK's citing of the Westray Law brings up good points about employers' responsibility in safety. However, his interpretation misses some important details.

For an employer to mandate such a medical intervention actually violates the Westray Law, as there is a clear danger of adverse reactions. The Westray Law is intended to reduce dangers, not introduce more of them. Introduced dangers are clearly documented by CDC VAERS data. The Oct. 22 update shows 17619 deaths and tens of thousands of serious reactions. https://openvaers.com/covid-data

In Canada, any law or that violates the Constitution and the Charter is of no effect. This includes the Canada Labour Code. Any of the whiners who belittle those who assert their right to refuse an injection need to read the Charter, paying special attention to Section 7. This will settle the dispute. Everyone in Canada has the right to refuse any intervention to their body without being deprived of their other rights. The Westray wording "reasonable steps" certainly excludes forced or coerced bodily injections, as they expose workers to unreasonable risk, and of course violate Charter rights. For anyone without even a basic knowledge of the Constitution and Charter, the purpose of them is to limit on the power of government, otherwise a democratic nation would quickly fall to some form of police state tyranny.

Those who live in fear of COVID can relax. It is not the monster that they have been lead to believe. Canadian stats show a 97 % COVID recovery rate. Just do the division of 1,667,744 recovered/ 1,720,355 deaths from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavir ... ry/canada/
But even these numbers lack credibility due to PCR test errors that can range from 90% to 97% false positives, depending on data source. There is also the huge issue of commodities that have caused deaths of those diagnosed with COVID rather than COVID itself. The CDC has admitted that only 6% of reported COVID-19 deaths were exclusively of COVID-19. The remainder were due to commodities. (Brownstone Research) https://www.brownstoneresearch.com/blee ... positives/

The late General Colin Powell is perhaps the highest profile example of a person who reportedly died "with" COVID, but not "of" it. The man had received injections against COVID, yet he died of "complications" of COVID, as reported by news media.

"Finally, the 42nd UK COVID Vaccine Surveillance report data on COVID-19 has shown that now the UK, following Israel as a heavily vaccinated country, has far more vaccinated than non vaccinated individuals in the hospital or ill with COVID-19. It cannot be any clearer—the COVID-19 vaccines are not stopping SARS-CoV-2 and are not preventing hospitalization or death." - Dr. Peter McCullough (internist, cardiologist, epidemiologist, in academic medical practice in Dallas, Texas.
Nov. 1, 2021 https://www.americaoutloud.com/author/d ... ccullough/

This statement from a renowned Physician and medical academic certainly shows that zizek is equally at risk of contracting COVID from both injected and non injected ship mates. The leaves no cause to demand that co-workers accept side effect risks and relinquish their rights just to alleviate his irrational fears. His condescending tone and examples of unrelated issues are typical of the forced injection crowd. These are the type that would cry about the "religious right" "forcing their ideology down one's throat", which of course is only an ideological metaphor. But they feel it is perfectly fine for the left ideologues to, under threat of denying fundamental rights, force people to be injected with a concoction that is known to have caused many harms, and for which long term effects are unknown. This is also a huge denial of principles of science and safety.

He fails to understand that the primary mission of labour unions is to protect the rights of workers. Many have been failing this in the midst of the COVID injection mandate madness. There may be more, but only two unions in Canada have received national attention for standing by the rights of members, National Police Federation (RCMP) and the ILWU. Let's hope that government despots will see reason, and end their assault on our freedoms before these unions are forced into measures that would begin yet more crises.

Zizek certainly discredits himself with mention of QANON and "insane right wing conspiracy theories decide safety policy in my workplace. I think you would be far better suited for a pyramid scheme, not a safety critical industrial setting." Where on this forum have there been any QANON quotes or conspiracy theory statements? Where do pyramid schemes fit into the discussion? I'm sure that he did not intend to include this, but the big pharmaceutical companies are running such a racket making risk free $ billions in a market guaranteed by big governments. His use of term "conspiracy theory" is a red herring statement to discredit opponents. Its use can be traced to the CIA who seeded it into the news media to discredit people who doubted the incredible conclusions of the Warren Commission on the JFK assassination. This is documented by Professor Lance Dehaven-Smith in his 2013 book, "Conspiracy Theory in America (Discovering America)". All other posts that I have read have been quite respectful and based upon some form of logic, and have not belittled other members. Perhaps he needs to evaluate his suitability to work in a safety critical industrial setting. A condescending attitude is not conducive to safety and team work. If one cannot respect the right of a ship mate to make his own medical decisions, what can be respected?

What is the difference between a forced injection in the arm and a knife in the back ? One is a personal cowardly attack using a knife as a weapon. The other is an impersonal attack using government as a weapon.
Chummyjigger
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Newfoundland

Post by Chummyjigger »

Thank-You BoatNick for your polite, factual, articulate response.
35 months ago I changed my lifestyle of eating and eliminated all sugars, vegetable (seed) oils and grains. My excess weight disappeared in weeks & my blood work greatly improved.
Last night we were informed that one of the Doctors we follow, Dr. Shawn Baker, has contracted covid19. So far this family of three are not showing any signs of covid19. Dr. Baker has been very outspoken on YouBoob and I recommend you check him out and watch this family deal with this pandemic. I’m curious to see if he will miss one day of his workout routine.
Today is a very sad day for me because I have to get the stab in order the maintain my employment. I have “NO CHOICE” but to get the stab or start missing mortgage payments. I will keep up my stance against this mandate and fight for my rights to freedom of choice. Since I still have a job I promise to continue to donate money to action4canada.com, and help them stand up for our freedom.
Thanks again BoatNick for your detailed, informative response. You understand our Constitutional legal rights better than myself, thank-you for speaking out.
David from Newfoundland
BoatNick
Bilge Dweller

Post by BoatNick »

Thanks Chummyjigger for indicating you appreciation. I'm sorry to know that you are being forced by the police state despots to submit to their coercion. I wonder if you have tried using a notice of liability available to download from action4canada and stand4thee ? Stand4the NOL quotes Ontario law, so may not be useful in your province. Stand4thee has very good background info that is required for using NOL's https://stand4thee.com/notice-of-liability. Actioin4canada's NOL may be best for your province, as it does not quote Ontario law. Placing an NOL in the hands of your supervisor could have an effect once he or she realizes that they are liable for very serious criminal and civil penalties for laws that they are breaking. This places them in a position in which they cannot claim ignorance later on, and to avoid this, they will have to refuse to impose this unlawful demand on you, or face very serious consequences of jail time for criminal offenses, and loss of assets in a civil suit. Responsibility falls directly on supervisors. They cannot pass it up to their boss, boss's boss etc. Stand4thee's video advises not to waste time passing an NOL to HR and high level management. They have direct access to lawyers who will only cause delays. You need to scare the crap out of your direct boss to get this started. For best effect, an NOL must be served to a supervisor as an individual, not against a company that will use stalling tactics. Even if you do like your boss, they are acting as your adversary in this instance.

This whole "vax mandate" scheme was cleverly designed by the government to download responsibility to employers while they are protected by layers of bureaucracy and their high priced lawyers that they use at our expense. So far, I have not been backed into the corner, as my vessel is below the 12 crew limit on the TC bulletin of Oct. 6. If I am coerced by my company, I will be using whatever means of legal defense I can afford. If you deliver an NOL today, you might just get the ball rolling to defend your health and your rights against the unlawful demand. The marine community needs its members to stand up against the despots. They are in clear violation of the Charter, Bill of Rights, Criminal Code, and Nuremburg Code. Accepting the experimental injection offers little protection to each person and the people around them. Many injected people have been diagnosed with COVID. Statistics that confirm this are easy to find. The statistics prove injections a failure and risk to life and health, but of course government and media are too deeply committed will to acknowledge this.

The whole scheme is just an opportunity for government to appear to be solving a problem while lining the pockets of their big pharma friends. This is another case of them pretending and spending as they so often do.

Wishing you well,
BoatNick
BoatNick
Bilge Dweller

Post by BoatNick »

I had forgotten to mention in my last post the important victory that was announced in Quebec and Ontario November 3. Premiers Legault and Ford announced that they are rescinding their "vax mandate" on health care workers. Though not marine, this sets a huge precedent. It just shows that victory against unlawful demands is possible simply by enough people asserting their own legal rights. If enough of us in the marine industry hold out, the tide could turn in our favor too. Of course the health workers have the issue of unlawful PCR genetic testing to quash, but war is won one battle at a time.

Bill S-201, Genetic Non-Discrimination Act, 2020 SCC 17 (GND):
"It is a criminal offence in Canada to use a genetic test to discriminate under Bill S-201.
Section 2 of the Act defines a genetic test as “a test that analyzes DNA, RNA or chromosomes for purposes such as the prediction of disease or vertical transmission risks, or monitoring, diagnosis or prognosis”.

Sections 3, 4 and 5 establish prohibitions relating to genetic tests: individuals and corporations cannot force individuals to take genetic tests or disclose genetic test results as a condition of obtaining access to goods, services and contracts; cannot refuse an individual access to goods, services and contracts because they have refused to take a genetic test or refused to disclose the results of a genetic test; and cannot use individuals’ genetic test results without their written consent in the areas of contracting and the provision of goods and services."
https://www.parl.ca/DocumentViewer/en/4 ... yal-assent

Case law on Bill S-201, 2020:
Summary: Supreme Court of Ontario upheld Bill S-201 and that it is a criminal offense to discriminate based on genetic test results.
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/astat ... 7-c-3.html

Genetic Non-Discrimination Act, SC 2017, c 3:
An Act to prohibit and prevent genetic discrimination
https://www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/astat ... 7-c-3.html

Case law light to sue for breach of privacy:
Jones v. Tsige, 2012
Summary: The Ontario Court of Appeal declared that the common law in Canada recognizes a right to personal privacy, more specifically identified as a "tort of intrusion upon seclusion", as well as considering that appropriation of personality is already recognized as a tort in Ontario law.
https://www.canlii.org/en/on/onca/doc/2 ... nca32.html

Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act 2000 (PIPEDA).

Personal Health Information Protection Act 2004 (PHIPA).

Occupational Health and Safety Act R.S.O.1990,c.0.1.
Section 63, Information Confidential:
Subsection (2) Employer access to health records:
(f) "No employer shall seek to gain access, except by an order of the court or other tribunal or in order to comply with another statute, to a health record concerning a worker without the worker’s written consent."
https://www.ontario.ca/laws/statute/90o01

Anyone can find out more about these matters by using the links at
https://stand4thee.com/notice-of-liability
Chummyjigger
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Newfoundland

Post by Chummyjigger »

BoatNick
Thank you for all the information. Now I have some difficult decisions to make.
I delayed the stab for today but, could possibly get it Saturday in Nova Scotia. I have to drive across the island tonight to get the ferry tomorrow. While crossing on the ferry Friday I will review what you posted and see if I can process what you posted.
Thanks again for all the information you shared.
David
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Post by JK »

OK, it's getting personal when people are wishing others harm. Time to stop.
The Dieselduck
Administrator
Currently located: Nanaimo, British Columbia, Canada (West Coast of Canada)

Topic Locked

Post by The Dieselduck »

So, i think this "discussion" is best done elsewhere, I'll leave the lawyers at the guild and other unions, and the odd person who may actually be heard at TC, to discuss the merits of the mandate onto seafarers.

I think we are all pretty fed up with allot of things, these days. I am as well. I have locked this topic as I see no real discussion at this point, many other websites service this type of discussions, so please, proceed there for this type of discussion.

--------- update nov 09 -----------------

Transport Canada has issued a new Ship Safety Bulletin making vaccination of crew for COVID19 mandatory.
It applies to ships, foreign or domestic with a crew of twelve or more. Does not apply to Passengers, but all other visitors - techs, surveyors, etc
Must be vaccinated with one dose by Nov 15th, both doses by Jan 24, 2022.
SSB-17-2021E.pdf
(607.96 KiB) Downloaded 308 times
Martin Leduc
Certified Marine Engineer and Webmaster
Martin's Marine Engineering Page
http://www.dieselduck.net