CPE for Third Motor

General maritime and engineering discussion occurs on this board. Feel free to post newsbits, comments, ask questions about maritime matters and post your opinions.
wedivebc
Bilge Dweller

CPE for Third Motor

Post by wedivebc »

For the last two years I have been working at a desk as a relief engineer/administrator for a small fleet of vessels. Due to covid and other factors there has been little sea time, but lots of maintenance, for which I was tasked generating work orders, signing off on work performed by outside contractors, doing fuel reports and other engineering type duties, but I have only accrued 12 days sea time in the last 2 years. I am coming due for renewal on my ticket. My predessor had a letter wriiten by our superintendant but he is no longer with the company and so I am wondering does anyone know of a form or template I could use to submit to Transport Canada in lieu of a testimony of sea time?
JK
Enduring Contributor
Currently located: East Coast, Canada

Re: CPE for Third Motor

Post by JK »

I have one but to find it...
just write a testimonial on company letterhead stating that from start date to end date you were in the office engaged in the engineering superintendent duties. and have your boss sign and date it.