Ocean Choice International
St. John's, NL
Ocean Choice International (Ocean Choice) is one of Atlantic Canada’s most diversified seafood companies, sustainability producing and marketing a full range of shellfish, groundfish and pelagic species. All of this would not happen without our people working right here at home. At Ocean Choice we’re all about families, connected to each other and our communities.
Ocean Choice is currently accepting applications for the position of Technical Superintendent as part of our Atlantic Fleet Operations Group located in the St. John’s Office.Reporting to the Fleet Technical Manager and working in cooperation with the Vessel Operations Team, this position is responsible for the operational readiness of our fleet of vessels.
· Provide oversight and approval of the maintenance work during port days between fishing trips.
· Assist in the implementation of effective maintenance strategies to minimize down time during turnarounds.
· Assist in the preparation and development of capital budgets for annual maintenance and scheduled refits for the Ocean Choice Fleet.
· Coordinate the use of Ocean Choice’s electrical, and refrigeration support staff.
· Liaison with regulatory authorities as required.
· Further implement and improve the Preventative Maintenance Program.
· Develop effective landing plans and contractor supervision.
· Maintain oversight of and familiarity with spares in storage at warehouse and at remote sites.
· Assist Purchasing Department with technical information regarding spare orders.
· Assist with the ongoing development of the ISM Code as it pertains to technical aspects.
· Comprehensive engineering knowledge of propulsion plants, electrical systems, and fishing equipment systems with the ability to read and interpret drawings and electrical schematics
· Minimum of 2nd Class Motor Certification
· Marine superintendent experience
· Ability to supervise vessel dockings
· Proven experience in organizing and managing maintenance work; and ability to work with Preventative Maintenance Program
· Ability to prioritize, estimate and manage contractors, engineering staff and work schedules
· Comprehensive understanding of regulatory inspections from TCMS and Class Society
· Knowledge of Safe Working Regulations
· Willingness to step in and do hands on work where required
· Ability to travel to complete assigned tasks outside Atlantic Fleet as required
· Team Player with the ability work in a multidisciplinary environment
· Willingness and ability to learn new skills
· Strong computer proficiency, including excel
An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. An excellent benefits package is available, including health and pension plans.
Reference ID: 2021-12flttec
Application deadline: 2022-01-07
Expected start date: 2023-01-23
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Extended health care
COVID PLAN IN PLACE
technical: 2 years (preferred)
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=c11792 ... ker_emails
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1