(L'offre en Français se trouve ici)
Reformar is a Rimouski-based, non-profit organization lending support to marine science and technology projects since 1989. In doing so, they partner with researchers, research and training institutions, along with government and private-owned organizations. Concretely, Reformar handles the full management of a fleet of science vessels and the complete planning of its scientific missions. The management is currently looking for an Oiler for the Research Vessel Coriolis II. If ship mechanics is your passion, your hands are often covered with oil, and you have a manual side, come work with us!
As Oiler, you play a key role in the smooth operation of the R/V. Coriolis II’s engine room.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer or the Engineering Officer of the Watch, you…
• Help with diverse, routine maintenance and repair of the engines, the machinery, the vessel’s auxiliary systems and assists with emergency repairs;
• Check the displays on the equipment, machines and engines to ensure that the pressure and lubricant flow rate match the established norms;
• Write down data and warn the Engineering Officer of the Watch of any anomalies;
• Lubricate the moving parts of the engines, the machines, and of auxiliary systems;
• Clean the engine’s parts and ensure the engine room’s tidiness;
• Sort the material in a safe fashion;
• Keep the logbooks up to date;
• Contribute to any other related tasks, as requested and instructed by a superior officer;
Prerequisite training, abilities and professional qualities:
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Emergency Duties (MEDs) certificates (obtained in the last 5 years);
- Canadian Certificate—Persons with security responsibilities (PWSR);
- Valid Transport Canada Marine Medical Certificate.
• MARINE EXPERIENCE: You have experience as a seaman and you dream of playing in the engine room, or you have experience as an oiler? We want to meet you!
• FRENCH: Bilingualism is an asset, since most of our crew and our clients are francophones.
• LEADERSHIP: We are looking for someone radiating positive energy and able to share it with their colleagues; someone autonomous and reliable!
• PROBLEM SOLVING: This will be a daily challenge, staving off routine and making every day’s work an adventure! So, yes, it’s essential to be able to “take charge.”
What we have to offer you…
• A competitive salary of $263.26 per workday, following the current salary policy and increased yearly;
• A place in a small team with friendly atmosphere;
• Highly competitive benefits (7% group RRSP, group insurances programs, etc.);
• Fourteen public holidays per year;
• Annual reimbursement of your safety boots (max $175) and your Marine Medical Certificate every 2 years (max $150);
• Flexibility in the schedule that can accommodate some of your obligations;
• A job where teamwork is key to achieving goals;
• A job where working days pass quickly!
If this short description makes you want to try your luck, send us your application at the contact details below before July 25, 2022! You can also contact us for more information!
Christine Lévesque, Operations Supervisor
Reformar, 418 723-1986, extension 1791, firstname.lastname@example.org
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1