WORKBOAT - MARINE ENGINEER
Bridgemans Marine Transport
$37–$47 an hour - Casual, Fixed term contract
Pulled from the full job description
Extended health care
Full Job Description
Are you passionate about providing an excellent client experience? Is safety always top of mind for you? Then you may be a good fit for Bridgemans Marine Transport.
We are a division of Bridgemans Services Group (BSG), providing flexible, full-service vessels for industrial workforce accommodations, logistics and ferry service at any location throughout the world.
BSG customizes services to the exact needs and locations of clients, ensuring that solutions meet precise specifications, including logistics, crew transfers, housekeeping, catering and the fulfillment of all HSE requirements.
We are currently seeking a Marine Engineer to join our growing team in Kitimat, BC. Reporting to the Operations Manager, The Marine Engineer will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the vessel and to take action necessary to ensure the safety of life, of the vessel, and the prevention of marine pollution, and maintenance of the vessel while working within the established health and safety guidelines, and policies and procedures of the Company.
Reporting to the Operations Manager responsibilities and essential job functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
Safe and efficient operation of the vessel and the safety, health and welfare of all crew and passengers on board
Compliance with Transport Canada policies, local laws and project regulations
Maintaining ship’s certificates and documentation
Compliance with local project rules as issued by the client
Accident / incident / injury / illness reporting
Sending vessel daily reports and monthly reports
Ensuring all machinery is operable
Oversight and assistance with day-to-day general maintenance
· Preferred Class 4 Engineer but will consider SVMO if they have extensive experience with anchor handling, marine construction, marine crane operating, towing/barge moving.
· 3 – 5 years relevant experience
· MED DVS and ROC-MC
· Marine Basic or Advanced First Aid is an asset
· Computer literacy with specific knowledge of Microsoft Office.
· Valid Class 5 Drivers License;
· Relevant technical knowledge;
· Ability to clear a drug and alcohol test prior to hiring and potential random tests throughout employment with prior notice;
· Excellent comprehension and command of the English language; (written & verbal);
· Excellent organizational and time management skills;
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Needs to be responsible, accountable, and dependable
· Confined space training is an asset
· Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
· Ability to take initiative and work effectively while unsupervised
· Able to work well under pressure
· Ability to clear a drug and alcohol test prior to hiring and potential random tests throughout employment without prior notice;
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Drug & Alcohol testing is completed prior to an offer of employment.
Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Job Types: Fixed term contract, Casual
Salary: $37.00-$47.00 per hour
Extended health care
10 hour shift
12 hour shift
8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
Kitimat, BC V8C 2G7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
https://ca.indeed.com/job/workboat-mari ... a791070a00
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1