Amix Marine Services Ltd. is in need of Marine Engineers (2nd, 3rd or 4th class motor) full time, permanent positions, as soon as possible.
As a family owned company founded in 1971 in the scrap metal recycling industry, Amix has since expanded into a wide range of services, including marine salvage, marine projects, marine towing and barging, concrete sales and steel distribution. The Amix Group consists of five companies providing specialized and quality service. These companies include Amix Marine Projects, Amix Marine Service, Amix Marine Salvage, Western Concrete, and Amix Steel and Surplus.
Amix Marine Services provides tugs, barges, marine crews and other resources to our coastal marine community. Our Marine Services fleet includes International Load Lined equipment that allows us to transport cargo anywhere between Canada and the US . The Amix fleet also includes crane barges, floats, work-boats and other marine equipment. The fleet is dispatched from Campbell River, BC and operates from Haida Gwaii BC to Coos Bay Oregon.
• As an onboard Engineer, the position holder will be responsible for ensuring servicing, mechanical maintenance and effective operation of a tug boat during operations in Canada and internationally.
• Ensure proper functioning of on-board equipment during vessel voyages
• Perform repairs and maintenance of the engine room and on-board equipment
• Take part in maintenance and repair operations during dry docks
• Perform specific maintenance routines for each machine or equipment according to applicable procedures and requirements
• Monitor the functioning parameters of engines and report any malfunction
• Ensure that policies on safety and environmental protection are followed
• Perform other related duties, as required
• Hold a Canadian STCW-95 Second Class motor marine engineering certificate or STCW-95 Third Class motor marine certificate.
• Good knowledge of diesel motor mechanics
• Have a valid Canadian passport
• Experience as a marine engineer would be an asset for the position
• Good knowledge of hydraulic systems
• Have analysis capacities for problem solving and corrective maintenance
• Comfortable working on a computer with Microsoft Office
• Available and willing to travel
• Self-sufficient, organized and showing positive leadership
• Enjoy teamwork
This is a permanent full time position with competitive wages and benefits in alignment with Canadian Merchant Service Guild rates.
More details about the Amix Group can be found at www.amixgroup.ca
• Overtime pay
• Dental care
• Extended health care
• Paid time off
• RRSP match
• Vision care
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Campbell River, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
• AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (preferred)
• Mechanical engineering: 1 year (preferred)
If you or someone you know is interested and qualified for these positions, please contact the Guild, or apply at:
https://ca.indeed.com/jobs?q=Marine%20E ... 4731374899
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1