Canship Ugland Ltd
St. John's, NL
$120,000–$160,000 a year - Full-time
We are a Ship Management and crewing company operating and managing DP shuttle tankers, harbour tugs, bulk carrier, cargo vessel, oceangoing tug and barge, pilot boats, Ro-Ro passenger ferry and product tankers. In addition, we provide crew management services to other vessel owners and operators. We offer excellent compensation, pension plans and full benefits.
We are seeking a Marine Superintendent.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the incumbent will have full responsibility of all operational aspects of assigned vessel’s day to day operation within given framework in the format of budgets and contractual performance requirements
· Day to day technical and administrative activities related to vessel operations
· Primary contact between assigned vessels, the company shore organization, vessels owners and customers relating to all aspects of day to day operations;
· Following the owner's technical and commercial operation contractual requirements;
· Preparing, monitoring and status-reporting of the operational budget;
· Ensuring compliance with flag administration legislation and Class rules and regulations, codes, guidelines, Industry requirements and company policy
· Implementing, promoting, reviewing, proposing improvements and participating in audits as required by the ISM/ISO Quality Safety and Management System (QSMS).
· Responsible for monitor daily operations, keeping regular contact with the Masters and crews by correspondence and visits, reporting outcomes to the Operations Manager as considered necessary.
· Responsible for monitoring planned maintenance and spare part systems, ensuring due maintenance is carried out
· Supervising dry-dockings and major repair specification
· Recent experience in Marine Industry
· Marine Engineer or Senior Deck Officer
· Strong safety culture
· Critical thinking skills
· Able to work in high pressure environment
· Knowledge of dry-docking procedures
· Available to work on call
Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00-$160,000.00 per year
Extended health care
8 hour shift
Application deadline: 2022-08-15
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=f8d9e5 ... 0u9g9eq800
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1