Western Pacific Marine
Western Pacific Marine in Balfour, BC
$120,000–$130,000 a year - Full-time
Located in Balfour, British Columbia, Western Pacific Marine has been providing Ferry Services for the Province of British Columbia since 2004. We are proud to offer this free ferry service located on the West Arm of Kootenay Lake, surrounded by the beautiful Selkirk mountains where we are centrally located between Vancouver, British Columbia and Calgary, Alberta. Outdoor enthusiasts enjoy world class skiing and awesome powder just minutes away in our winter months and in spring and summer enjoy, golf, hiking, mountain biking and an abundance of water activities.
Western Pacific Marine is known for our high safety record, professionalism and reliability. We are dedicated to providing the highest standard of customer service for all of our travelers. Our marine personnel are Transport Canada trained and certified with a focus on customer service and quality assurance. We are proud of the positive impact our services provide to the local communities that we serve.
What you will work on
At Western Pacific Marine, our crews are focused on efficiency, reliability and safety while operating our vessels on Kootenay Lake. The Marine Manager is responsible for ensuring the safe operation of our vessels, cable ferries, docks and terminals while providing support to the Marine Superintendent on a variety of regulatory and personnel matters.
As the Marine Manager at Western Pacific Marine, you get to:
· Interact with Crew and Customers, applying your excellent interpersonal skills
· Liaise with shareholders from other regulatory agencies such as Work Safe BC and Transport Canada and other Government Agencies
· Demonstrate your proficiency in computer skills such as Word, Excel and Outlook
· Apply sound judgement, utilize your leadership and organizational skills
· Be an active change agent understanding the importance of connecting with our employees
What you will bring to the team:
· Extensive experience in the Marine Industry - preferably as Captain or Chief Engineer
· Extensive knowledge of Marine Acts and Regulations and Safety Management Systems
· Results driven with excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Strategic thinking and a strong desire for continuous improvement
· Positive managerial skills that apply sound judgement and quality decision making
· Proficiency in computer applications such as Excel, Word and Outlook
· Experience working in a unionized environment
· A desire to live and work in the Balfour (Nelson) area
Why join Western Pacific Marine?
At Western Pacific Marine we are on a continuous learning journey as it relates to Equity, Diversity & Inclusion. We know that diversity is a strength and recognize that the unique backgrounds across our team help us make better decisions, result in more creative solutions and ultimately lead us to stronger paths of success. We’re working to create a workplace and team that is as diverse as the community we serve and we aim to provide an environment that allows every person to bring their whole and authentic self to work every day. We are inspired by the unique contributions and insights of our team members and are invested in continuously improving our employees’ experiences as they grow.
We pride ourselves in supporting our team to show up every day being the best they can be and in addition to our collaborative and people-focused environment we offer our team:
· A comprehensive benefit package
· A competitive salary package
· An awesome location to work and live
Don’t meet all the requirements but still interested in applying for an opportunity?
We are all about a journey to learn constantly and have areas to grow in and develop. If you bring some of the above skills to the table and are still developing in others, please apply with us anyway. Learning and experience isn’t a one-way path, if you believe you have the background needed to make an impact and the positive energy necessary in this role, we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested in this awesome opportunity, please submit your resume by August 15, 2023.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $120,000.00-$130,000.00 per year
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Monday to Friday
Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
Balfour, BC V0G 1C0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-08-15
Expected start date: 2023-09-01
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=60728c ... flgotqt801
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1