SAAM Towage Canada Inc.
$63.59 an hour - Full-time, Permanent
Shift & schedule
Monday to Friday
Under the direction of the Technical Superintendent, and the guidance of the captain of the vessel, the Marine Engineer will contribute to the success of SAAM Towage by ensuring the safe and reliable operation of the vessel’s machinery and equipment with special consideration for the safety of the crew, protection of the marine environment, cost management and the quality of service, across our locations.
Some of the Job functions for this role will be:
▪ Conduct planned maintenance and repairs to vessel systems aiming to have the vessel operational as often as possible and ensuring the safest running of all tugs.
▪ Conduct initial diagnosis and determine the priority and suitable solution to troubleshooting requests to evaluate the effects on crew safety and the possibility of further equipment damage and determine the next steps.
▪ Organize clean, and conducts walk audits at the Maintenance facility to determine potential failures and optimize the uptime of the facility and the vessels.
▪ Oversee vendors, suppliers, and contractors (both trades and equipment) for larger jobs (refits, major modifications) to ensure work is done according to industry and company standards.
▪ Participate in all Safety and environmental drills and inspections, toolbox talks, and other recommended training to ensure safety standards are met, incidents are avoided or properly reported, and lessons learned are shared.
▪ Serve as watchkeeper, requesting fuel, lube oil, parts, and supplies for the engine room to maintain equipment operational feasibility, and vessel & crew safety.
▪ Maintain and prepare technical documents and records to achieve compliance with industry and company standards and ensure planned maintenance is done accordingly.
▪ Organize and supervise bunkering operations and looks after Onboard Waste Management to achieve compliance with regulatory and company standards.
▪ Train and instruct crew on engine room do’s and don’ts to ensure adherence to all operating and safety procedures.
▪ Execute emergency tasks according to the muster list and provide On-Call support in a rotation schedule to support the company’s safety efforts and maintain adequate procedures during drills, emergencies, or other situations requiring technical support.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate the following competencies:
▪ Thought – Problem-Solving: Analyzing information, using intuition to verify facts, and interpreting information to propose solutions.
▪ Influence – Interacting at different hierarchical levels with the ability to make technical decisions and convey information to get agreeable outcomes.
▪ Adaptability – Demonstrates resilience, composure, and self-confidence during stressful situations with multiple tasks at a time. Accepts feedback and cooperates with teamwork to attain a common goal.
▪ Execution – Works on result-oriented projects. Aims to comply with due dates, following procedures, and company and industry standards in order to achieve operational goals.
And possess the following minimum requirements:
1 to 2 Years job experience with Tugs or marine vessels - Occupational Health & Safety
Engineering Certificate for the assigned vessel, 2nd class.
Fork-lift certification or the ability to acquire it.
Advanced English, Basic Spanish.
Current and valid MED and First Aid Certificates.
Be a member of the CMSG in good standing.
Must be able to travel within Canada by air.
Must be legally allowed to work in Canada.
Must have a valid BC Driver's License
With the backing of a multinational corporation, SAAM's mission to drive the economic and social development of countries extend to the desire to impart our workforce with real growth opportunities and contributing to the regional economical sustainability by providing quality jobs within remote and local communities.
Our employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including excellent extended health, and dental services; group life, AD & D, Short & Long-term disability; great matching contribution to our pension plan, performance rewards; mentorship and a team ready to work with you! Our operations are in a central location, with an easy commute from most places in Metro Vancouver.
SAAM Towage Canada’s vision is to stand out as ONE team, delivering towage services beyond expectations!
We guide ourselves from 5 pillars which create our competitiveness and success: Safety, Respect, Honesty, Responsibility, and Service.
If these values resonate with you, we encourage you to apply and let us know a bit more about your commitment to excellence and your passion for achieving high standards while being rewarded with a culture that encourages learning, development, camaraderie, and innovation.
SAAM Towage Canada is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities.
We would like to thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Only the candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SAAM Towage Canada acknowledges that we operate in the traditional, unceded territories of the Indigenous Peoples of Canada.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $63.59 per hour
Employee assistance program
Extended health care
Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
https://ca.indeed.com/viewjob?jk=e57094 ... ker_emails
Employers looking to fill Marine Engineering or related positions can do so here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1