PURIFIER BOWL ISSUE

A place to exchanges questions and ideas of a technical / procedural nature. Go ahead, try to stomp us !
Lempoyan
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Indonesia

PURIFIER BOWL ISSUE

Post by Lempoyan »

Hi, my ship having a Westfalia purifier OSE 20. When tighten the bowl must be exceed the marking which is 10 mm over. If not the bowl is loose. The marking should be 0-0 as in manual. But during operation everything is normal.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Re: PURIFIER BOWL ISSUE

Post by popeye62 »

Have you got the correct number of discs in the disc stack?
Lempoyan
Bilge Dweller
Currently located: Indonesia

Post by Lempoyan »

Total of disk are 110 include the blind disk on top. Can we add or remove disk as we like on westfalia purifier? When I sign on, I get the bowl in that condition so not sure if the disk have been removed. Also i cant find the exact total number of disk in operation manual. I still try to find in internet the total number of disk on this model.
popeye62
Officer of the Watch
Currently located: London

Post by popeye62 »

The number of discs should be marked on the top disc. The example given in the manual is:
***********Attention: Pay attention to the correct total number of disks! It is marked on the blind disk, e.g. 84/1:
- Total number of disks A and B = 84 (Total number of disks with spacers A + number of blind disks B)
- Number of blind disks B = 1**************
Yes, you can add discs with spacers just make sure that the lock ring is fully tight. Compress the stack fully prior to tightening lock ring and give it a good whack with a mallet. Clean and lightly grease the threads. There really is a danger to life if you do not tighten the lock ring correctly. I would also check the bowl height.
In the 'Troubleshooting' section of my manual under 'Uneven run of centrifuge 3. The tension in the disk stack has slackened' one of the reasons is 'Insufficient number of discs' and the advice is 'Check number of disks; add a spare disk if necessary.'
Do not operate with a loose bowl, when you achieve the alignment 0-0 ensure the bowl is properly tight. Again, danger to life!
Good luck, John